“A Little Coin, A Lot of Luxury!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Reviewed 13 June 2014

If your vacationing or traveling through the North East Georgia Mountains, need a place tos tay, and have a little extra coin to spend STAY HERE! The resort sits on the ridges of some beautiful mountains, is bounded by USFS land, and represents old time vacationing. The rooms, even the inexpensive ones, are well appointed, the staff is well steeped in customer experience and service, and the resort has jus tabout everything one could want. A very nice golf course, Tennis courts, indoor / outdoor pool, Well provisioned gym, Stables for horse back riding, a Full feature SPA, and some BEAUTIFUL hiking trails (some shared with USFS). We called on a Thursday, and got a special last minute rate which was about a %20 discount on there normal rates. Close to both Lake Notlly and Chatuge. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to be our guests and taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate your business and your feedback. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you with an exceptional experience.

I do appreciate your comments regarding our facility, staff, and accommodations.

It is my hope to meet and thank you personally during your next visit. Please continue spreading your positive experiences.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

In recently for a several day conference. Their staff was outstanding and went out of the way to accommodate our group and adjust as needed. As a conference organizer, I was welcomed upon check-in with a lovely cheese and chocolate plate waiting in my room. A+ for that. I had a beautiful room with a gorgeous view of the mountains and a great balcony to relax on. Ask for a balcony room so that you can have a view! Stayed on the 4th floor and it was nice and quiet with the exception of the ice machine nearby. Check out the little shops on the bottom floor, very cute and decent prices. I loved just relaxing on the big porch! Brassies has decent food, nothing spectacular but it is the most accessible affordable option unless you go offsite. Main dining room has an excellent breakfast. I will be back, for fun next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room so that you can have a good view. Would recommend 4th or 5th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review or your recent stay during your conference. I am very pleased to read that you were welcomed with your cheese and chocolate amenity. I will personally thank my staff for ensuring you and your entire group had a memorable conference. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a place to "Leave your worries at our door", whether that is for business or pleasure. We look forward to being your destination of choice for years to come!

Thank You Again!!

cburton@brasstownvalley.com

Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a gorgeous place to stay. The staff was super friendly and reminds me why I love small towns. If you want a getaway this is a place to visit. The food was fantastic and the setting was more than you could ask for.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the golf course or if you want, one of the cabins that are spectacular...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

I do appreciate your comments regarding our facility, staff, food, and accommodations.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here last weekend and had an incredible time. We utilized many of the amenities - spa, stables, pool, restaurants. Rooms are large enough and ours had a fireplace. Took a beautiful hike through the woods. Definite worth visiting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mbamarc
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I do appreciate your comments regarding our facility, staff, food, and accommodations, and was very glad to read that you were able to enjoy our many amenities.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our 2nd visit to Brasstown Valley Resort. We purchased a getaway package over Memorial Day Holiday where each adult got an "activity" included with the room fee. My wife visited the spa twice. It was quite good both times, however they seemed to have some issues with the invoices from the spa. However, the front desk was helpful at checkout to rectify the issue. I had two rounds of golf. The golf was really nice. Greens were in very good condition. Definitely a challenging course. We also did a 2 hour horseback ride one morning which was great. My only criticism was the food. My wife and I both thought the food was good, but not outstanding. Each morning, we had a breakfast buffet. You can also get eggs/omelets cooked to order. But the dinner was just OK. My wife had a chicken pasta that was very very oily. It was because the sun-dried tomatoes were probably not rinsed and just tossed in the pasta. My pecan crusted trout was good, but lacked a little seasoning. Prime Rib was good, but we think there was a lot of MSG or tenderizer on it. In the middle of the night, we were hot and thirsty and we didn't feel quite "right". So, if your sensitive to MSG, be sure to ask. Although I very much enjoy Brasstown Valley Resort, it is still in 2nd place behind Barnsley Gardens Resort (which I consider the Gold Standard) in this type/style of resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve L

Thank you for taking time to share your comments and for continuing to visit Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa.

I enjoyed reading your positive comments regarding our spa and I will share your concerns regarding the billing challenges with our Spa Manager.

It was disappointing to read your comments regarding the food quality in our restaurant. I will work with my Executive Chef and team to ensure we consistently deliver a properly seasoned and prepared product. Our Executive Chef will be contacting you as well to ensure we take the proper steps to address the specific concerns.

Thank you once again and our goal is to be 1st on your list.

6321 Highway 76-Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 -fax (706) 379-9999

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Gorgeous property with just enough snap to make things special. Food was excellent. Kids loved the horseback riding and the pool was very pleasant. We did not golf, but the course looked like something a golfer would really enjoy. We were there for my niece's wedding and the staff was just wonderful. Her wedding setting was beautiful and the resort did a wonderful job at staffing (without the feeling of staffing!).

Room Tip: Don't forget a swimsuit
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be, and your niece's wedding was just wonderful and we were able to staff without feeling staffed. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve.

It is my pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope you continue to make us your destination of choice for many years to come!!

6321 US Hwy 76
Young Harris, GA 30582
Direct Line 706-379-4600
Fax 706-379-9999
Charles.Burton@Brasstownvalley.com

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had our Son's wedding at Brasstown Valley and it could not have been better. The Staff was fantastic, always checking to ensure our experience was outstanding. The grounds were spectacular and very well maintained. Our room was nice, not what we expected but they were very clean and the view was outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased to read that your son's wedding was all that you ever imagined for his special day. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a place to "Leave your worries at our door". Your observations regarding our facility and our staff are appreciated. We feel that our facility is amazing but it is the staff and the service they give that make it exceptional!! We look forward to being your destination of choice for years to come!

Thank You Again!!

Valhalla Resort Hotel
#4 of 18 in Helen
Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!