“Thanksgving at Brasstown”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Sarasota Florida
“Thanksgving at Brasstown”
Reviewed 5 December 2008

I just got back from our second annual visit to Brasstown Valley Resort for Thanksgiving. We rent a cabin, 4 bedrooms and a common area, for the 9 of us.

We have 6 adults and 3 children and find the resort a very good fit.

There are a lot of acivities for everyone and the Thanksgiving buffet is good.

The building we stay in could use a little freshening and I hope it happens this year.

The staff tries very hard to please and the effort is obvious.

Brasstown Valley is not a five-star resort and does not try to be.
It is a very good family resort.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank andyc53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Atlanta
Reviewed 1 December 2008

I have been to this hotel several times during the spring and the summer and we had a great experience, but we went this time when it was cold outside. This place is a great resort to getaway especially during the cold months of the year. We loved sitting by the fire in their huge lobby, swimming in the heated pool, eatting in their beautiful dining room, etc. My wife and I love the area and it is only about a 90 minute drive from Atlanta. We have been to other similar resorts (Grove Park Inn, Ritz Carlton-Lake Oconee) but this place beats them hands down. We love the new Spa!!

• Liked — The warm atmosphere
  • Disliked — I like everything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mlnewt
Marietta, GA
Reviewed 24 June 2008

My husband's company booked us a romance package at the resort as a gift. They could not have picked a more perfect place for us to relax and unwind. The resort and surrounding scenery is absolutely beautiful. Our room had a balcony overlooking the mountains with the most breathtaking view. Within 30 minutes of our check-in, room service delivered a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolates. The food is wonderful and plenty. They have a seafood buffet on Friday night and a prime rib buffet on Saturday night. They also have a breakfast buttet with made to order belgian waffles and omlettes. There is plenty to do while you are there. They have a stable on the property that offers 1 and 2 hour trail rides, which we did. We had the best time riding through the mountains. They also have golfing, tennis, fishing, an arcade, pool tables, massages, sauna and steam rooms, as well as a fitness center and indoor/outddor pool. About 15 miles from the reort is Brasstown Bald the highest mountain in georgia. It's a must see while you are there! The staff was very friendly and always very helpful. We had such a good time, that we are planning a return trip the end of October. I would highly recommend this property for anyone wanting to get away from it all.

• Liked — Location, Atmosphere, Activities,Food
  • Disliked — Pillows were too soft
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank lgwf
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2008

My wife and I stayed at Brasstown Valley Resort June 20th-22nd, 2008. We went to a wedding on Saturday night in Blairsville (only 10-15 minutes away) and decided to stay a day earlier. Check-in had a few problems - the room rate was wrong, they had another room booked under me?, and they gave us a room that was smoked in when we were told the facility was "non-smoking." The front desk person, Patrick, did not even apologize for the incident and made it more of a inconvenience for him. We got a balcony room with a lovely view on the mountain ranges. We didn't spend a lot of time at the resort - we went to the vineyards just 3.3 miles away. We had a great time their with an excellent tour and great wine tasting. Back at the Resort, the next morning, our breakfast was an hour late and I was blamed for it by the staff. That night, after we came back from the wedding, it was loud and kids were running and screaming down the halls. Their was also a lot of drunks and horrible service at Brassies (downstair bar/restuarant). It took forever to order food! When we checked out, again, our rate was wrong and it needed to be adjusted. We told Patrick of our problems and he didn't seem to care. I will be writing the hotel manager and should of spoken to him/her when I was their, but I don't think they could of made our stay any more memorable.

• Liked — Mountain View
  • Disliked — Horrible Service - Front desk and room service, Drunks
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jhw82
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 April 2008

Date: April 19th-21st 2008.
I arrived Friday afternoon after about a 3 hour drive from my home. The last half of my drive was beautiful. Lots of winding mountain roads and small towns! The resort is wonderful. I came for a company function but had plenty of "off" time to myself. I was given a room with not much of a view and no balcony, but it was still peaceful. The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome and the bed was very comfy! They have a beautiful pool and a spa is on its way. I would reccommend this place to anybody for a relaxing getaway.

Stayed April 2008
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 5 March 2008

Our church held this year's annual marriage retreat at Brasstown Valley resort and boy was it AWESOME!

I cannot even begin to tell you what a wonderful place Brasstown Valley resort is! The lodge itself is just beautiful with a huge stone fireplace and floor to ceiling windows. The lobby area was a big draw for our group with lots of comfy chairs and sofas in front of the big fireplace.

The decor is rustic, but not roughing it rustic, just beautiful rustic!

For those who like to shop they have a very nice gift shop that you shouldn't miss with lots of neat things and some very nice apparel items.

The restaurant has wonderful food as well. We had the breakfast buffet which was quite a spread, then went back for the lunch buffet which was just as good or better. We missed the Saturday night seafood buffet though.

I also cannot say enough about the service at Brasstown Valley either. From the minute you pull up to the front for check-in someone is there to greet you and EVERYONE is so friendly and helpful. It was very refreshing to stay somewhere were service and friendliness reign!

My husband can't wait to go back and play golf, so we will be taking some friends there to celebrate a birthday since we want them to have the pleasure of enjoying Brasstown Valley too!

• Liked — The quality of the accomidations and the friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — Noise - the rooms picked up a lot of the noise from hallway traffic.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Lisagv
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 13 December 2007

I stayed for a week at Brasstown Valley for a work conference in November. I found it to be a really lovely hotel. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the food was great although a tad overpriced. The staff was friendly, and they had an amazing fire going every night in the lobby/lounge area. Make sure to reserve a room with a balcony if you can, they are great! Overall it was a clean, comfortable, nice hotel and I look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Express Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
#3 of 19 in Helen

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!