“For a wedding”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Kannapolis, Nc
“For a wedding”
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My brother and his now wife were married here Saturday 8/30/14 and the location is beautiful. I don't know anything about the rooms because we did not stay there overnight, but the grounds, the building, the restaurants were beautiful. If I weren't already married, this location would be my choice. Oh and the staff were amazing!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased to read that your brother's wedding was all that you ever imagined for his special day. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a place to "Leave your worries at our door". Your observations regarding our facility and our staff are appreciated. We feel that our facility is amazing but it is the staff and the service they give that make it exceptional!! We look forward to being your destination of choice for years to come!

Thank You Again!!

tel (706) 379-4600 fax (706) 379-9999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Brasstown Valley has property management that understands how to make a client's experience the best it can be. This is not over the top or snooty, just manned by genuine, caring staff members that make you feel as if this was your home away from home. The place is laid back, but everyone, regardless of role makes you feel like they are simply there to make certain you have what you need, without being "over the top" about it.
The environment of the N GA mountains is exactly right, as it will invite you to relax and just catch up and "re-create!"

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kim F
Thank you for choosing to be our guests and taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate your business and your feedback. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you with an exceptional experience.

I do appreciate your comments regarding our facility, staff, food, and accommodations.

It is my hope to meet and thank you personally during your next visit. Please continue spreading your positive experiences.

CBurton@brasstownvalley.com
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We booked a reservation on Tues, and tried to cancel on Wed (24 hrs later) and were told there would be a 135.00 cancellation fee for not cancelling a week in advance. (we wanted to change the reservation to two weeks later) So we kept the reservation we had....asking for a pet friendly cottage (75.00 extra cleaning fee) king bed, & specifically asking for ground floor entry (husband 75 years old has two hip replacements and me having 2 knee replacements) he made it very clear that stairs were extremely difficult for us. When we checked in the girl said "oops" (she remembered taking the reservation and the requests) don't have that cottage available but we have one with a 14 stairs, that turned out to be a set of 6 stairs and then another set of 14, with two double beds, no king. She said that was all they had and if we didn't want it we could go somewhere else. (Did not want to start looking for a pet friendly hotel at 5:00 at night after a 10 hour drive) After long discussion, husband asked for a price reduction and they did give a slight one, but then when we checked out, the girl who checked us in was only going to give us a third of what my husband understood the manager offered for the price break. Handicap parking at the lodge are parking spots next to another set of stairs going down to the lodge. (lots of trips up and down the stairs when you have a dog, and hard to do when you are handicapped.)

When we went for dinner we asked if they waive the valet parking fee if eating dinner in their "fine" dinning room (by now husband's knees were just too sore to do any extra stairs or walk downhill to the lodge) because we are going to dinner and the answer was no. Paid total of 78.00 for dinner and the prime rib was room temp.

We were told if we left out dog alone in room they would not clean it so we waited until 4:30 and finally called to have them clean the room so we could go to the pool.) In and out in 5 min, made the beds and changed towels & emptied trash can.....didn't appear they did anything else. Beautiful property, friendly employees, but they need some help with their customer service.

Room Tip: If you are booking a cottage ask that your balcony not overlook the road or parking lot, (some face...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank L3055
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your comments and for choosing Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa.

I was disappointed to read about the challenges you experienced as our guest. We should have followed through on your specific requests for a pet friendly room with a king bed. We also should have delivered your entree at the proper temperature. I will personally address the inconsistencies to ensure they do not happen in the future. I was pleased to read that we did provide an adjustment as a gesture of goodwill.

Thank you for stating that our property is beautiful and our staff is friendly. Please know that we are committed and work hard to consistently provide exceptional customer service.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed 5 nights for some R&R. We were greeted when we drove up by Donald. What a treasure he is. He was friendly and helpful every time we saw him. When we checked in, we had a discrepancy on our bill which turned out to be our ignorance of their upgrade policies. However, they made sure we were more than satisfied with our experience. Our room was charming with a rustic feel. We had a beautiful view from our balcony. Our room was comfortable for the most part. I thought the mattress was too hard, my husband said it was fine. The bathroom could use some grout refreshing on the tile but still it was elegant and large. Plenty of space there. The coffee maker was located in the bathroom so we moved it into the room. There was a unit air conditioner which worked well to keep the room cool. We would have liked more lighting. The available lights were somewhat dim. We enjoyed room service and the two restaurants. My husband played golf every day we were there except the first day rain out. He said the golf course was excellent and the surroundings beautiful. We walked one of the trails on the property which I enjoyed. The grounds were beautiful even in the heat of summer. We are making plans to return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be. I apologize that you experienced any discrepancy with regard to your check in, and I am glad to read that all was taken care of to your satisfaction. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve; I will personally thank Donald for his exceptional service.

Although you and your husband had differing views as to the comfort level of the mattress; I am please to inform you that we are beginning a multi-year change out of all of our mattresses. Two of the floors have been changed as of this week.

It is my pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope you continue to make us your destination of choice for many years to come!!

Townsend, Georgia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The site was beautiful. The spa services were excellent. Hope to go back soon! The rooms were clean and neat. I had a spa pedicure and relaxed in the hot tub. The spa part of the resort was very relaxing!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank reesetownsend
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve; especially for your service at the Spa. I am pleased that you were able to relax in the hot tub at the Spa as well.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Two reviews as very different experience. The first review was our 5 th floor main lodge room. The bed bothered me as they had this funky headboard that you get your hands stuck in and is uncomfortable to lie in bed. They give you 4 tiny pillows which we requested 2 additional to alleviate the headboard. The bed was mediocre. Worse yet the bathroom had low water pressure and the toilets don't flush well. The show was old fashion, but they provided good quality amenities. The A/C was good. Give the room 2 stars.

The rest of the resort is 4.5 stars with quality staff. The restaurants are all excellent. The Golf course is in excellent shape and good. Nice pool and decent fitness room. They had horse stables/Spa which we did not use. The hiking trails were in excellent shape. This made our 3 day stay a pleasant experience! Overall give them 3.5 stars.

Tip: Get tee times in advance as they have outside groups using the Golf facility.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and for being our guest.

I appreciate your positive comments regarding our restaurants, golf course, pool, hiking and the 4.5 star staff rating. I will personally share your feedback with the team.

I apologize that you had challenges with our twisted laurel head boards and the size of our pillows. We have identified new pillows which are being added to our inventory. I will also address the water pressure and functionality of the water closet. We should have addressed these concerns prior to your arrival.

Please visit often and tell all of your friends about our resort.

6321 Highway 76-Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 -fax (706) 379-9999
email cburton@brasstownvalley.com
Jasper, GA
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Brasstown Valley Resort several times. It is an acceptable hotel, but just doesn't inspire. The room was clean and the furniture was very rustic in nature. It was a little dark inside the room. The bathroom is fairly plain but functional. My wife noted that the towels were very thick.

We stayed on the third floor this visit which is perfectly acceptable. See prior reviews about moisture problems in the rooms on lower levels.

It has a large atrium area with a fireplace extending up through the center. It has a rustic feel, but again just doesn't satisfy for me.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Randy L
Thank you for selecting Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa during your time in North Georgia.

Your feedback is appreciated and will be considered as we make improvements to the resort. Our scheduled room updates for this year include new mattresses and drapes. We have recently replaced all lodge guest room carpeting, seated furniture, tv's and our bedding. The long term plan includes new bathroom tile, addition of crown molding and more room amenities.

I was pleased to read that your wife enjoyed our "thick" bath sheets.

We are focused on providing exceptional guest experiences in all areas of the resort and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in North Georgia.

6321 Highway 76-Young Harris, Georgia 30582
Holiday Inn Express Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
#3 of 19 in Helen

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!