“Service, service, service”

Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Reviewed 13 December 2010

Wow. This was the second time I've stayed here for business. The people who work here are incredible. They fall all over themselves to make you happy. From the front desk to the doorman to the maids. Everyone greets you with a smile. The food...oh, my, the food. Breakfast buffet...incredible - omelets, crispy bacon, fresh fruit, pastries..everything you could want. Lunches like the pecan chicken salad sandwich were awesome. Blackened Ahi, duck breast and prime rib are just a few things on the dinner menu. Again, food was excellent. I had a king room with gas fireplace in it. Very comfy with great views of the mountains. Hiking trails were fun and scenic. I will be back for pleasure soon. Love Brasstown Valley Resort and Spa.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank MauiMaiTai007

Reviewed 4 December 2010

We went to Brasstown Valley Resort on Thanksgiving weekend. It was quite beautiful decorated for Christmas. There was even an arts and crafts fair going on inside. The trees were bare but the setting was still wonderful. We had the prime rib buffet that evening...delicious and very reasonably priced. The next morning's breakfast buffet was just as good. We slept very well on comfortable beds. The rooms themselves were nothing special (we did have a private balcony overlooking the woods though). Enjoyed our visit immensely. We plan to go back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RebeccaMcL
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Our room was musty smelling. The gym is subpar. Room service is marginal at best - if you can get them to answer the phone in the first place. Wifi was advertised, but never available in our room. The staff is snooty and unhelpful. This hotel bills itself as upscale and it IS NOT. At best, it is tacky.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank unhappyguest656
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2010

I apologize that we failed to meet/exceed your expectations. I was surprised and disappointed to read the specific concerns. I will be following up with my staff today with a focus on eliminating future occurrences. I would appreciate the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that we unintentionally caused and to provide a goodwill offer with hopes of regaining your confidence.

Charles Burton
706-379-4600
Charles.Burton@Brasstownvalley.com

Reviewed 7 November 2010

This is a beautiful resort! The rooms were nice, the staff very pleasant, and the views- breathtaking! We were at the resort for a wedding in October, so the fall colors created a spectacular scene. My husband golfed, and said the course was lovely. I enjoyed some time a at spa- also very nice. However, I did not care for the fact that you have to drive a mile+ from the main part of the resort to the spa. As far as other activities/outings, there are some good running/hiking trails, and a winery just down the road. You can also go horseback riding.
The wedding was gorgeous, with delicious food, and attentive service. Besides the wedding, we ate at the sports bar, ordered room service for breakfast, and ate in the main dining room's seafood buffet, none of which were very impressive.
Overall the resort was very good. We would definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Pleasant surprise visit to North George. Staff was very friendly. Only bad was many members of staff were not up on local tourist attractions. Would return again and did enjoy the horseback riding and views of surrounding area. Stayed 4 nights, but needed 3 more to see area better.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kramerroy
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Beautiful nature surrounds the lodge with outdated rooms. Of course you don't go to a place like north Georgia mountains to spend time in the room but it would be nice to be able to breath when you sleep. I had to double up on my allergy medicine just to get dressed and sleep in the room. Mildew was prevalent. Noise is another problem. I heard every word my neighbors said and when they were getting ready to leave in the early morning I kept thinking someone was in my room because the noise was so disturbing.

I asked others if their rooms were smelly and they all concurred. Even the bride said their room was "crappy". Sad but true.

Bad wine but good food. Poorly designed maps for trail walks. Friendly service.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
BrasstownStaff, Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2010

Dear guest known on Tripadvisor as Cuban Anne,
I have been able to learn of the challenges with your most recent stay. I do not have your information in order to extend to you a proper response. Please feel free to contact me at 706-379-9900 extension 4884 so that we can discuss the challenges and return you to being a fan of Brasstown Valley Resort. It is only through your input that we can improve. Annually, the room cleanliness scores through our guest surveys hover around the 90% mark which is far north of the industry average. Challenges can happen at any hotel but when they do, I feel Brasstown Valley Resort is adept at recovering from them.

I apologize for the challenges and look forward to speaking with you at your convenience.

James E. Ayres II
Director of Rooms Division

Reviewed 25 September 2010

My daughter was married at Brasstown. Our whole experience was tremendous. The wedding cordinator, Renee Beebe was the most wonderful person and we could not have done it without her. I hightly recommend this location for any brides looking for a wedding venue. We had our wedding at the Creekside Pavillon and reception at the Sunset Pavillon. It was beautiful! The staff here is the best.

• Stayed: September 2010
#3 of 18 in Helen
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 3 in Blairsville

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!