“Mary's Southern Grill, great southern cooking!”

Mary's Southern Grill
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Young Harris
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Every time I get an opportunity to eat at Mary's Southern Grill, I do it and enjoy a good
dining experience each time! It's like good southern home cooking - and the service is great too!
Make sure to try one of the soup choices - you'll be delighted!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went around 11:30 on a Sunday. Was a little disappointed that we couldn't order breakfast. Had country fried steak with white gravy. It was good. Actually the gravy was awesome. The green beans were good too. They have many homemade desserts to choose from and very cheap. $1.50 for a half serving and $3 for a whole. I was able to pick two halves when I couldn't decide. I had some kind of Buttermilk pie or custard and peach cobbler. Both were awesome. My sister had bread pudding. Everything was tasty. All the locals eat here because the waitresses all greeted them by name (and hugged them)! I wish I could have tried the breakfast. You can get most lunch items for $8 - $13

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Decided to go here at the recommendation of a thrift store employee nearby. Real homey feel. Folks are very nice. Service isn't what I call "speedy" but it wasn't slow and the place was very popular. I had the BBQ pulled pork sandwhich which came with homemade chips and homemade slaw. The pork was very good. The homemade chips were excellent. Not too crunch but firm. The slaw was tasty. Wife had local blackened trout, collard greens, broccoli salad. She said the trout was very good. The collard greens were excellent. They had what we decided was a "dark" flavor. We asked what was so different about them. Our waitress asked the cook and we discovered it was made with chicken stock. Wife said her broccoli salad was excellent. Sweet tea was not the best I've ever had but very close. Prices were average for the area. Not too high. Overall we liked the place. You could tell it was popular and the staff called many of the folks eating there by name. Go here.

3  Thank SomedayIreland
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Great wait staff, friendly, efficient and attentive. Breakfast was Excellent!!! Country fried steak was done just right. The white pepper gravy was superb. Hash browns were crispy. It really does not get better than this for breakfast.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We came here with a group of nine after church. It was full and booming but we were seated without too much of a wait. The food was well worth the wait. I had the turkey and dressing with Lima beans and real, fresh cream corn. My husband had the ribeye steak with cream corn and potato salad. Everything was delicious. The turkey dressing was wonderful with delicious gravy and the turkey was "real" turkey, not just sliced turkey breast. All of the employees we met were friendly and very hard working. Great place!

1  Thank Flownan

Been to Mary's Southern Grill? Share your experiences!