“Best breakfast in Hiawassee”

Mary's Southern Grill
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Young Harris
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Best breakfast in Hiawassee”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The key to success in this establishment is Mary and her very capable and friendly staff. The coffee cups remain hot and filled and the food is excellent. Portions are generous and the biscuits are large, fresh, and about as good as they get!

Visited July 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Sweet Tea the Way it Should Be”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor we decided to give it a try for breakfast. We were not disappointed! The food was terrific and the service was too. But most if all, my quest for good sweet tea has finally been realized! Sweet as cotton candy!

Emerald Park, Canada
“The breakfast and the pie is to die for!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I do a fair bit of traveling to many small town restaurants and all I have to say is there's something special about Mary's! The first time I found my way to Mary's I was starving for a big breakfast. Fortunate enough for me there was a delicious sounding Country Fried Steal on the menu with so many additional choices included. It was a good price as well. The food arrived on TWO plates and it was delicious! So much so...I found my way there the next day as well.

Some of the locals were talking about the pie so I had to ensure that I could try that as well...seeing that it was breakfast I took some of the caramel and apple pie to go. Oh my was that something special. So what to do the next time? Well order the peanut butter creme pie for starters. Again, delicious.

What a great restaurant...the owner/proprietor of the restaurant, Mary, also took time to come and talk with us. Friendly service, great food, very reasonable pricing... what more could you want?

• Visited June 2014
Jonesboro, Georgia
“Lunch With Family”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Mary's serves downhome country cooking and the service was great. All of the food we ordered was good. One person ordered liver and onions, two of us had hamburger steak, and one had the grilled fish. All of us enjoyed the food. I especially enjoyed the fried okra. This restaurant does not take debit or credit cards, so make sure you have cash when you go.

• Visited June 2014
Dallas, Georgia
“Excellent food and Service!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had breakfast here and we weren't disappointed at all! The minute we walked in until we left we felt at home! This is a true southern style place with the service to go along with it! Their traffic jam which is raspberries, blueberries and strawberries was outstanding! We even purchased a jar to take home! There wasn't anything we didn't like related to the food! The OJ came out in a frosted glass which made it even better! We will be back but take note they only take cash or check. I know there is an expense to take credit but with technology today you almost have to have that offering. Fortunately we had cash to cover it but normally we don't carry cash we use debit card mostly. I highly recommend this place for food and service!