“Clean room but a little attitude”
Review of Super 8 Blackfoot

Super 8 Blackfoot
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Blackfoot
Denver, Colorado
“Clean room but a little attitude”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Winded up staying there as my vehicle broke down on a Sunday. The room was clean and the wifi worked - so I was satisfied as far as that goes. It is within walking distance of restaurants and has a gym within walking distance as well. A couple of things that were annoying though - the room had a coffe maker and coffee but no decanter. Two, during the continental breakfast there was no juice or fruit of anykind. When pointed out to staff (about the juice) they just fiddled with the juice dispenser (half---) and then said - Oops, I don't know. Which to me said, " I don't wanna clean more than what I've given you". Other than that the room seemed ok and I was only there one night.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank funtobeme
super8man, General Manager at Super 8 Blackfoot, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
The coffee pots in the room are a little unusual from what you will normally see, however all the parts are there and sometimes we are required to show it to our guest if they would come ask us for help. I'm sorry for the attitude on the juice machine. I'm not sure from your complaint if she replaced the empty container for you. I hope you will give us another chance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ketchum, Idaho
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I was amazed how quiet this motel was even as it sits right on the freeway.Microwave, mini fridge,and great t.v. all in a clean but old room.Will stay again if given the chance.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Yukon0
Thank you for yur response. I'm glad that most of your stay was nice. I am sorry about the carpet. we can vacuum it all day and it only takes a small kid with crakcers or a construction worker to get the carpets dirty. we are unable to vacuum again after 10 pm because someone will complain about the noise. it's a no win situation. we don't require the keys to be turned in. you can simply leave it on the desk or in your room. I hope you return and give us another chance.
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I was in Blackfoot for a business trip and stayed at the Super 8. I wasn't expecting the Hilton or the Marriot, but I ended up being surprised on both ends of the spectrum, good and bad.

The young man who was working the night shift was very helpful when I called to see if they had a roll-away that they could place in the room. He even placed it in the room for me so that it would be there for me when we got there. Where other hotels I have stayed in have had a roll-away for free, they charged me four dollars. The location is easy to find, as it is right off of the interstate, of which I didn't hear at night. The gym that is located across the parking lot has an agreement with the hotel, and that was a great perk to exrcise with some nice equipment.

On the other side of the spectrum however, the floor just in the lobby and the stairs was filthy. It seemed as if a two year old with a pack of ritz crackers had made a royal mess. As I was exhausted I didn't bother telling anyone, although I doubt they would have done anything as it was 10 pm when I got there. Probably too loud.

I did have a non-smoking room, but it didn't do any good, as they are one of the few hotels that actually still allow smoking in some of their rooms. The hall was so smoky that in the little time my door was open to get my bags, voila I now had a "smoking room"! I did have to ask for some additional towels, and they were very helpful. The bed was alright, but the pillows were hit and miss. I lucked out and got a nice one, but come to find out in the morning others weren't quite as lucky. They should have gone to get a new one, but again the tired factor. There was plenty of hot water, but be careful as it gets scalding hot very rapidly!

The continental breakfast was decent. They had the usual bagels, English muffins, cold cereal, and toast. They also had Belgium waffles which were very tasty. I might have missed it, but some fresh fruit would have been nice. All in all though the breakfast was good. When I was checking out there was quite the wait while the young lady who was helping was on the phone confirming a reservation for someone else. Apparently the room key is returned to check out. Why the return of a room key had to wait for a finished telephone call was beyond me.

Like I said though it was on the spectrum: great gym agreement, the breakfast was good, half of the customer service was good - on the other hand, get rid of the few smoking rooms, clean up the floors when it happens, and for something simple like returning a room key a little multitasking will go a long way.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank JerB4
super8man, General Manager at Super 8 Blackfoot, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you for your response. Because of somments like yours complaining about the smoking rooms, we have removed them on the main floor. On the second floor , we installed a main entry door in the hall to seperate the smoking from the non smoking rooms and it works great! I can no longer smell smoke in the rest of the hotel.
Thank you again for your response and I hope to see you again

Travellers are raving about these Blackfoot hotels

Reviewed 19 July 2011

This is one of two hotels in Blackfoot. My advice is that you stay at the best western across from Walmart on the other side of the street. This no smoking hotel smelled like cigarette smoke. The power outlets were fling out of the walls (which can't be safe), no pool, worst complimentary breakfast I have ever had (my standards for this are not high but when it is advertised as included in price I expect more than stale Little Debbie's doughnuts), the staff appeared to hate their lives, and the pillows were filled with rocks. On top of this they charged us $100 a night. We stayed through our reservation and then promptly check into the Best western across the road.

• Stayed July 2011
super8man, Manager at Super 8 Blackfoot, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
Sorry about the hotel smelling like smoke...this is still a hotel with smoking rooms, and when those people go in and out of their rooms the smoke escapes into the hallway. I wish we could make it a nonsmoking hotel, but we cannot at this point do that! I have been talking to the owner about a pool, and we are trying to figure out how to put one in. Unfortunately, that will raise the rates of the motel, and we realize that puts additional burden on the guest. I am sorry that you feel our breakfast was not up to par. We do our best to provide delicious and fresh options for breakfast....including fresh-made waffles! You can always ask the front desk for different pillows if you do not like the ones in your room. Our goal is to help the guest have the best experience they can.....but we cannot do it if the guest doesn't tell us that there is anything wrong. Please let us know what we can do to make your experience more positive! We hope you give us another try.....
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Of the two hotels in Blackfoot we chose Super 8 because it was slightly cheaper and we have had good experiences in other towns. Now I really wish we had spent the small additional amount and stayed at the other hotel. We were greeted at check in by a wise cracking slacker teenager, who had no concept of customer service or responsibility. On arrival our room smelled very bad, like some sort of heavy carpet deodorizer. The pillows were extremely small and flimsy. We stayed in our room visiting company until later in the morning and so the maids just never came through later to clean the room. The breakfast bar was extremely low budget with no fresh fruit, eggs, bacon or anything remotely nutritious. My advise, pay a little extra and stay at the competitor. That's definitely what I'm doing next time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
super8man, Manager at Super 8 Blackfoot, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
The "wise-cracking slacking teenager" was probably just trying to make you feel comfortable and make you smile. I know for a fact that he is a REALLY good kid with good grades. In fact, he has been rated in the top 5% of the nation for kids his age! We have had a LOT of compliments on him and his customer service. I am sorry you were disappointed with breakfast, but even "the other motel" doesn't offer bacon and eggs. It is a complimentary "continental" breakfast, and by definition throughout the hotel/motel industry does NOT include bacon or eggs. We do, however, have fresh-made waffles available for our guests. We also have 8 different varieties of "healthy" cereal available for our guests to enjoy for breakfast.
Lindon, Utah
Reviewed 20 June 2011

There are 2 choices of motels in Blackfoot, Idaho, available to those who show dogs at the fairgrounds in June. This is the lesser-priced property.
The bed and pillows were uncomfortable. The toilet was not cleaned one day. The breakfast area is crowded. All this I could put up with at the price. But the last morning, I woke up scratching, and now I'm covered with bites. I assume bedbugs.

Room Tip: I used their website and got a good AARP rate.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank OTCHmama
super8man, Manager at Super 8 Blackfoot, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
I am sorry that your experience was less than perfect. We cannot fix what we do not know about. Next time, please let the manager know of any problems and I can do my best to fix the situations. That being said, I can guarantee that it was NOT bedbugs that bit you. It may have been a reaction to the chemical we use for our laundry. We have a licensed professional that comes every month and sprays all of the rooms. We also inspect the rooms every three months specifically looking for bedbugs. We hope you give us another try......
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Well, I can't give you a review of the hotel because I never got to stay there because they would not honor my reservation which asked for a downstairs room due to a disability (made 3 weeks previously). Randy (the manager) refused to accommodate my reservation and canceled me because I pointed out that he wasn't doing his job. There was nowhere else to stay due to the busy weekend so was forced to drive on to Pocatello where the Ramada was happy to accommodate me and my disability. Shame on you Super 8.

Room Tip: Reservations don't mean anything.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
super8man, Manager at Super 8 Blackfoot, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
This week of the year is the only time that EVERY guest requests a ground-floor room because of their dog carriers and supplies for the dog show.Unfortunately we have two floors and we are not able to accommodate everyone with a ground-floor room. Requesting a ground-floor room as early as 3 weeks is still not enough time to guarantee that a ground-floor room will be available. Calling me the day of arrival to make sure you have it is way too late and I am completely unable to accommodate your special needs. It was in your best interest to cancel and find another hotel that could take care of you. i am sorry of the inconvenience this caused you, but I could not accommodate your needs, and I felt that was the best option for you, so you could find someone that could accommodate your special needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackfoot
Best Western Blackfoot Inn
#9 of 14 in Pocatello
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 14 in Pocatello

Been to Super 8 Blackfoot? Share your experiences!