“Portions are terrific”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Idaho Street
Description: Restaurateur, caterer and celebrated chef John Berryhill presents his popular fine yet casual restaurant dining in sexy uptown digs, right in downtown Boise. Berryhill's downtown Boise restaurant is within 2 blocks of Boise's finest hotels and attractions...enjoy the experience, it's all about you! Berryhill's Northwest cuisine influenced by an array of flavors from around the globe.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Haven't been to Boise in over a year and was happy to learn about this new restaurant. They offer both inside and outdoor dining. Weather was nice so we chose to sit outside. Portions are generous. We decided to share their "Mix" appetizer which is a wonderful assortment of mini, thin sliced steak bites, fries, fresh shrimp, and calamari. These are served with four wonderful sauces to dip in - spicy aioli, pesto, cocktail sauce and horseradish sauce. The bread they serve with dinner is fresh made, loved the bacon and cheddar bread. We each ordered are own house salad and ordered the small size (ask because we didn't know there were two sizes, our waitress let us know - great service). I was so full after eating salad and appetizer. I also had a cranberry drink which was fresh made and very good. Even though we were full we split their fresh apple dessert with ice cream. They were advertising their brunch for father's day which looked like it will be a terrific meal (wish I was going to be here). I highly recommend this restaurant. Our water was kept full and our waitress (McKenzie) was very thoughtful and attentive.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Came for Mother's Day Brunch and was so happy that we planned ahead on our reservations because it is the best place for Mother's Day!! The Chef is there checking on everything - the food stations are creative and delicious - the desserts are decadent and mouth watering!! The only problem is saving enough room to try all the delicious flavors!! Live piano music playing, reservations seemed to be timed and spaced apart so there wasn't overcrowding and we didn't feel rushed. Delicious champagne and a festive yet relaxed atmosphere - I've already decided that this is our Mother's Day tradition!! We came last year as well and I think it was even better this year! I enjoyed the parmesan crusted sole; the fresh spinach salad; the quiche; the BACON!!; and of course a few samples of dessert!! They even passed around toys for the younger children! It was a very Happy Mother's Day!!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I usually have a good experience here. It is a regular spot for business lunches and dinners, date nights and holiday brunches. We went with a group to Mother's Day brunch and the food was good. The service couldn't keep up though. We had to ask several times for refills on drinks, sugar and creamer for coffee. Then when the bill came, my husband noticed that the server charged us the adult rate ($29) for each of our two children. My husband had to hunt the server down to get him to correct the bill. The server said that he had simply made a mistake. But when he presented the "corrected" bill, he had still charged the adult rate for one of our children. The rate for kids is $16. How could the server make the same mistake a second time? It is obvious that the kids are children, not adults. Unforgiveable.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've ben to this restaurant several times now. As a new Boisean, I was told it was one of the city's best. The food is definitely above average, but for me, the atmosphere at the companion restaurant "Bacon" is much better. Berryhill & Co feels like eating at a country club. The food is nice, upscale yet casual lunch fare, but the service is more stuffy than it needs to be.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Cool restaurant and nicely set up. Rich, our server, was terrific. Food was excellent. They were very generous with the yummy bacon on my salad. My hubby had the fig grilled cheese sandwich and ate it up.