“Good place and great beer”
Review of White Dog Brewing

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
White Dog Brewing
Ranked #299 of 848 Restaurants in Boise
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Loved the beer and food was pretty good. Sit at the bar and enjoy the ice block to keep your beer cold for every sip.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This review covers two different businesses:
* White Dog Brewing - beers
* Smoke & Thyme - food

We have been here several times. The White Dog beer has always been very good! We have enjoyed getting the 4-ounce samples of several beers to compare and contrast. For my tastes, the especially good beers include:
* New England Hazy IPA;
* Bourbon Barrel-Aged Irish Stout (especially when it's on nitro!);
* River Beer;
* Blood Orange Hefeweizen.

Smoke & Thyme is a "permanent" food truck that is ensconced behind White Dog Brewing and their 2 neighboring businesses (Long Drop Cider and Gas Lantern Bar). It's great that we can order food from the White Dog Brewing waitstaff (vs. having to go outside to the food truck, as at other Boise area breweries). There is not a separate TripAdvisor page for Smoke & Thyme, so I'm reviewing it here.

With respect to the food from Smoke & Thyme, my spouse really enjoyed the lamb sandwich. The fries were also excellent. I had the pork sandwich, which I've had several times. The pork was rather gristly. I'd rather pay more for better quality pork (like pulled pork at other restaurants). I'll remember to order something else in the future.

The Smoke & Thyme salads are available instead of fries for a $2 up-charge. I highly recommend their salads. They have been better than the salads at many of the local sit-down restaurants!

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

This a brewery originally from Montana. The atmosphere is casual like you would expect. We listened to country music, sipped cider and craft beer and played board games while we waited for our food. There are also shuffle board and bumper pool tables. The food was better than I expected. We enjoyed a warm pretzel with mustard and cheese sauses. The clam chowder, chicken sandwich, French dip, and homestyle fries were all very good. We will be back. Note that this brewery is across from BSU and can be busy when school is in session. We were there during a school break and it was quiet. The wait staff was very attentive.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I had a large group bike tour planed for some visitors from Vancouver B.C. Unfortunately thunder showers forced us to cancel our bike ride, so we spent the afternoon at White Dog instead. The location across the street from the hotel was perfect, the beer was delicious and a good time was had by all. Thanks White Dog for saving the day!

Been to White Dog Brewing? Share your experiences!