“Best Pho I've Ever Had”

Pho Nouveau
Ranked #89 of 819 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I only just started getting into Pho a couple of years ago. If you’re not familiar, it’s a beef broth soup with rice noodles and your choice of beef, chicken and a couple others. I’ve only ever had the beef. It comes with a side plate of Thai Basil, jalapeños, bean sprouts, lime wedge and sauces (hoisin, fish, and Sriracha). Typically, the broth is on the mild, almost bland side, so I add a lot of hoisin, Sriracha and a little fish sauce. At Pho Nouveau, however, the broth was SO GOOD, I only added a little Sriracha (for heat). You actually taste the star anise, clove, cardamom… “Highly recommended!”

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I stopped in here for lunch on my day off and had a great meal. I ordered the chicken curry and it was cooked and seasoned perfectly. Place is a bit small but overall a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The pho here is excellent. Probably the best we've had in years. Our favorite, however, were the summer rolls. They were outstanding, and if you go to Pho Nouveau, you must try them. We also had the salmon and spicy beef and shrimp. Everything was fresh, well seasoned, and tasty. Service was great too. We will definitely come back.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I've been to this place numerous times and each time it has been good. Ambience is very relaxing, good music over the sound system, and not crazy busy. Spring rolls are wonderful along with the spicy beef pho and shaken beef salad.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

This was a great find. Cute place with fresh and flavorful noodles. Grilled pork and shrimp was the best. Unfortunately, they were out of fresh made baguettes ( bread machine was broken all week I guess) so we missed the opportunity to have the bim banh. Would highly recommend for a cool boise joint.