“A nice late dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Arriving late at our downtown hotel in Boise, we saw that the Bonefish Grill was still open and walked over. We took advantage of the Happy Hour menu which is offered again from 9pm to closing. It was perfect for a late dinner. The hot small bread loaf was a special treat. The staff was friendly and informative.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

It was only a matter of time before the parent company of Bonefish (Outback Steakhouse) began to fund it's losing strategy with its one success. Portions have been cut in half, prices raised, and new glassware purchased.

Outback has believed for years that its clientele consists of dimwits. Folks who would never notice when portions suddenly appeared on smaller plates; when glassware suddenly shrunk. Oh look! You bring wine out in a now smaller carafe and sure, we will buy that it is the same amount.

Huge price increases will lead Bonefish to repeat the mistakes of its predecessor, Outback Steakhouse. Such a shame. Save your money. Support businesses that exceed expectation, not continue to fall far short. I am from where Bonefish began (Tampa, FL) and my experience in Boise will be my last in a Bonefish restaurant. Judging by the sparse crowd, I am not the only one.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I live in Boise and had never eaten at the Bonefish Grill, but discovered it had a gluten free menu after checking it out online. (It's not always fun to eat out when you don't eat wheat because the menu choices are usually quite limited and not often flavorful and fulfilling.)

Upon entering this slightly high end downtown restaurant, I was promptly and pleasantly greeted. Instead of eating at a booth or at the bar, I chose to be seated on their outdoor patio. (The view wan't great, but I was excited to have a pleasant, sunny day, outdoors. )

I soon received both the regular menu and one with specials for each day of the week. After briefly looking over both, I asked for the gluten free menu even though I had my eye on the Saturday special - ciopino, a spicy seafood stew that I had never eaten before but had always wanted to try. I asked the waitress if it was gluten free and she wasn't sure, but was quick to inquire about it and get back to me with a positive response. I decided to go for it since I like spicy food as well as seafood and it was a uniquely new and different menu option for me. Also, the price was right as all weekly specials are under $7.00. (Be advised that the regular menu entrees and specials have much higher pricing. However, the appetizer, soup, and salad listings are priced reasonably with more interesting choices than the usual ones on most menus.)

The service was prompt and courteous. My food was delivered in a reasonable amount of time and the ciopino was an incredibly well prepared dish! It arrived in a fair sized bowl balanced with a generous variety of perfectly cooked portions of seafood and veggies, all in a sassy, but not too spicy, tomato based broth with a scoop of rice in the middle. I liked the fact that a few mussel shells were sitting in the stew mostly opened with the mussels already loosened from the shell. The only thing missing was some gluten free bread which I hope will eventually be provided to round out the meal as other breads do on standard menus.

Incidentally, martinis appear to be a trademark drink. The list of variations on this popular cocktail is extensive and all the martinis are gluten free. (The menu stated that gluten free beer is also available upon request.) The Bonefish Martini that I ordered had a refreshing hint of cranberry with an orange slice.

I finished my meal with a top notch cup of coffee and left feeling totally impressed with my new gluten free adventure.

I'll be returning to sample other gluten free menu items in hopes they're as flavorful and gratifying.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Enjoyed our first visit to Bonefish Grill for a business lunch. Really good food. Service was fast and fun. Prices were great!!! Really liked the lunch atmosphere - can't wait to go back for dinner.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

The restaurant itself is normally ok, but the last couple visits have been ruined by a lack of being able to seat people with reservations. Last Saturday was a disaster! We had a 7:30pm reservation and we arrived to a packed standing room only lobby. Initially, we were thinking how lucky we were to have a table for two reserved - the hostess said we'd be seated in a few minutes. After 15mins, and numerous others being seated in front of us, I asked for a more specific status. At that point we were told there were 6 groups ahead of us to be seated. So slowly, every single person in the lobby was seated - we were literally the last group to get a table, some 50 mins after arrival.

There was no action by the manager to talk to all the frustrated diners all waiting for extensive periods and little to no explanation of what was going on. THE only saving grace for the evening is we got seated in the bar and our waiter/bartender was outstanding (Eric). Otherwise we would have gave 0 stars.

3  Thank Like2Travel4Fun