“Surprised at the fish”

Stan's Hot Dogs
Cuisines: American
“Surprised at the fish”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I stopped into Stan's for a piece of cod. The menu offers fries and a drink for under $10. Instead I had just the fish. The piece of fried fish I was served was really large. It was very tasty and I thought a good value for the price (about $6). So if you are near the depot and want a piece of fish (Lent is just around the corner) give Stan's a try

• Visited January 2013

amsterdam
“Stan is the man”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

We went to Stan's 3 years ago while in town visiting Grammie and returned the day after landing this time. While our daughter took a nap at Grammie's, my wife and I stole down to Stan's for some perfect jet lag food. We ordered a regular hot dog with relish, mustard and bronco sauce, a Polish sausage with sauerkraut and ketchup and some onion rings. The onion rings are simply outstanding, the sausage was rock solid and the hot dog a great mix of flavors. I think for the quality, friendliness of service and price point, Stan's is definitely worth experiencing. A special place. Plus, Stan was on location and seems like the real deal in terms of trying to do it right and being friendly as can be. We will definitely stop by one more time before heading back to Amsterdam.

• Visited December 2012
Mountain Home, Idaho, United States
“Just like home!”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I am from Buffalo and one f the foods I miss is a "slime dog" Then I found Stan's, I was in heaven! The dogs are delicious, the fries are yummy and the custard.... Oh thank you Stan. I can even get my Webers mustard, gram's no longer has to send it to me! One thing that would make it better if the dogs that did get the "chili" weren't Charbroiled, then I would never leave! I do like a good charbroiled hot dog though!

• Visited October 2012
“A lunchtime treat”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Stan's is great. Fast, super casual, good food - and I mean real food - for a fair price. Try the polish bacon burger or any of the dogs. The onion rings are a must have.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank MJB35
“Always a great lunch”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Great place for lunch. Great casual atmosphere. Stan always greets everyone and makes them feel special.

I have taken individual members of my family (high school and college age) for lunch at various times. They always come home and talk about how good the food is. Finally, I had a chance to take me wife. She now agrees wtih the rest of the family.

The meat is fresh and perfectly prepared. It is regularly shipped from the east coast. The onion rings are the best I have ever tried. They are freshly battered and fried. One serving easily feeds two people. Fries have a touch of the same batter and are also excellent.

• Visited September 2012