“Nice change”

Cuisines: American
Rexburg, Idaho
“Nice change”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This place is good for a change but a visit about once a year is sufficient for me. Hot dogs are good, they are chargrilled. Burgers pretty good too but the custard is amazing. I would come here for custard only it is that good. Extremely smooth and creamy. Stan is an interesting character and worth meeting if you get a chance. I don't know everyone's love of the onion rings...way to saturated with grease for me but to each his own.

Visited April 2013

Boise, Idaho
“Friendly Service with freshly prepared food”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Although the menu is somewhat limited it offers food for a variety of tasted preferences. The service is fast, friendly and very accommodating.

Visited December 2012
Boise, Idaho
“Surprised at the fish”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I stopped into Stan's for a piece of cod. The menu offers fries and a drink for under $10. Instead I had just the fish. The piece of fried fish I was served was really large. It was very tasty and I thought a good value for the price (about $6). So if you are near the depot and want a piece of fish (Lent is just around the corner) give Stan's a try

• Visited January 2013
amsterdam
“Stan is the man”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

We went to Stan's 3 years ago while in town visiting Grammie and returned the day after landing this time. While our daughter took a nap at Grammie's, my wife and I stole down to Stan's for some perfect jet lag food. We ordered a regular hot dog with relish, mustard and bronco sauce, a Polish sausage with sauerkraut and ketchup and some onion rings. The onion rings are simply outstanding, the sausage was rock solid and the hot dog a great mix of flavors. I think for the quality, friendliness of service and price point, Stan's is definitely worth experiencing. A special place. Plus, Stan was on location and seems like the real deal in terms of trying to do it right and being friendly as can be. We will definitely stop by one more time before heading back to Amsterdam.

• Visited December 2012
Mountain Home, Idaho, United States
“Just like home!”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I am from Buffalo and one f the foods I miss is a "slime dog" Then I found Stan's, I was in heaven! The dogs are delicious, the fries are yummy and the custard.... Oh thank you Stan. I can even get my Webers mustard, gram's no longer has to send it to me! One thing that would make it better if the dogs that did get the "chili" weren't Charbroiled, then I would never leave! I do like a good charbroiled hot dog though!

• Visited October 2012