“No thank you”

Cuisines: American
Boise, Idaho
“No thank you”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I had high hopes for this place, especially since hotdogs are their specialty.... I was mistaken. The hotdogs do not taste like they are all beef, and if they are, they are like nothing I've tasted before. Maybe I'm spoiled because I purchase organic hotdogs from a local specialty store. I do know I will not eat here ever again. I tried it the once and that was enough.

california
“Last time in his store”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great place for hotdog, but stans is not going to be a sit down place after September he will be selling these yummy dogs at various spots around town or you can setup his food trailer for an event.

Visited August 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“a good fish supper”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

the service here is very friendly, and the counter lady was very attentive and helpful.

i had the fish supper (feeling slightly homesick) and it was surprisingly like what we get at home in the UK. apart from the fries- they are the bog standard american french fries. but the battered haddock was very close to the real deal. the tartar sauce it was served with was basically mayonnaise with gherkins in it.

if the fries were more like our chips, and the tartar sauce was more genuine (nothing wrong with store bought sometimes...) it would have been perfect.

• Visited June 2013
Boise, Idaho
“The best hot dog in the city?? I don't think so!”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stan met us at the door and said he had the best hot dogs in the valley and when I tasted the chili sauce he had "imported" from somewhere back east it was terrible. The hot dog was not that great and extremely over priced. I won't go back there again!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank iamhoneypie
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Lunch!”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

In from Atlanta, GA for a short visit, saw Stan's and thought a char broiled hotdog sounded good. Stan surprised be by asking about the Varsity (famous hotdog joint in Atlanta). Friendly fast service with all food prepared in front of you. The dog was excellent (you need to try the Bronco sauce) and the onion rings were better. Great lunch!

• Visited April 2013