“restrictive rules lost our business”

Natatorium Pool & Hydrotube
Ranked #58 of 124 things to do in Boise
Nampa, Idaho
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“restrictive rules lost our business”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

One rule is that no floatation devices are permitted--even including sturdy, USCG approved life vests. With two children of varying abilities, I needed to be able to put them in their vests so I could split my time watching them. Rather foolish policy; commonsense taken too far.

Visited June 2014
7 Thank pearlgearl

Boise, Idaho
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“fun in the sun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I get a family pool pass every year. I take my girls to the Nat most days in the summer months. The slide is additional, but very reasonable, especially if you have a pool pass. Clean. Promptly clean up the pool when there is an accident. We like to call them turd alerts. Such is life when swimming with little kids! Diving boards are fun for bigger kids after passing the swim test. Kid pool is great for little one and the water is a little warmer. Ample seating room with lounge chairs. Grassy area is also great for sunning, but you can't keep an eye on the kids as well.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank saylesgirl
Boise Idaho
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“What a wonderful time we all had, they loved the tube”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

They have 1 indoor pool , outdoor pool that you have lanes in so you can practice without others running in to you, then the tube truly great fun. I live near by and watched them removed and redo the inside of the hydrotube so that it is so smooth like glass, start the ride at the top pool and finish at the bottom 4ft pool where there is a lifeguard just for safety. They also have a lifeguard at the outdoor pool too. I would be a wonderful day to spend with people of all ages, I enjoyed going with my teenage grandson he smiled the whole time. It was in the past a geothermal pool for aches and pain in the 1900's and was the place to go for get you health back. So if you are in Boise during the season, May thru October stop in just on Warm Springs Ave where there are other Historic sites to visit. Then take a short drive to Lucky Peak's Dam where there is a picnic park drive 1 mile more and a park with a fountain swimming area at the dam or boating, skiing, fishing on the lake at the dam. Enjoy Boise

Visited August 2011