“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Grove for a week in September 2012. He was there for business, myself for pleasure. We were pleasantly surprised to have a suite on the top floor. The room was superb! Comfortable king sized bed, lovely view from the picture windows of the foothhills, wet bar area with mini fridge, two flat screen tv's, spacious bathroom, a nice sitting area. The staff were always friendly and helpful. Every evening staff knocked on the door and gave us fresh ice without us asking. I used room service which was quick and delicious (cheese tray). There is a terrace on the 4th floor which is a lovely place to sit and relax and take in the view. The hotel is a great location, an easy walk to the Greenbelt, I was able to walk everywhere I needed to. The gym looked great, although I did not use it. My only negative comment was the pool. It was located in the gym - a lap pool with a hot tub. It just didn't meet my standards for a pool where I would want to relax at. I would definately stay at The Grove again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a wonderful view of the foothills. The 4th floor has some rooms which open to th...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

This hotel is stuck in the 1960! How can you be a downtown Boise hotel and not have the cable station that has Boise State football game on? What a joke! Plus for two days the pay for view movie station was out and it was not reported to you

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rich P
GroveLiane, Director of Sales at The Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Rich P -
I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay.
We must admit, the BSU game channel availability was a surprise to us. Our team had purchased the relevant channels needed from DirectTV for this season and we missed that channel change for the Southern Miss game.

I would like to offer you 2 tickets to the San Diego game to make it up to you! Please reach out to me at leastman@grovehotelboise.com to set up the details.

As for our movie channels, our Lodgenet system went down and unfortunately, we were unaware until guests informed us.

I look forward to talking with you further.
Best Regards-
GroveLiane!
Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed in a room with a king-size bed and it was a very nice large room with an easy chair/footstool, a nice desk, and a bench near the bed. Rooms also had mini-refrigerators. Signage in the hallways could have been better to help you locate the elevator - an overhead sign in the hall would be nice. It was fairly easy to plug in my cpap machine - I did have to move the mattress and unplug one of the bedside lamps, but the outlet was not too difficult to access. The lamp on the desk had an outlet in the lamp base - why can't motels have more lamps with outlets in the lamp base near the bed to help plug in cpap machines? Room temperature control was a little tricky, but eventually I got it adjusted to my preferences. The beds were quite comfortable, but the pillows were too firm and thick and I finally had to use one of the decorative pillows on the bed for a pillow. The bathrooms are remarkable small for such a nice room - the sink is not in the bathroom, so perhaps that is why? With such a nice room, I expected a larger bathroom. The check-in process was one of the most efficient that I ever experienced, especially for a first-time guest at a hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband and I stay at the Grove anytime we are in Boise. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable. The hotel is just a block or so away from a number of restaurants. The only thing negative I can say about the room was the shower, the pesky shower curtain lining that billows in when taking a shower made for a frustrating shower experience.

Room Tip: Look at online deals on the hotel's website, they appear to be lower sometimes than what they wi...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MonicaEM
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

The Grove is centrally located, a 10 minute walk from the green belt and the Capitol Building.
The room had 2 queen beds, very comfortable, television, table, chairs, desk, luggage bench, built-in closet wit iron and ironing board. The bathroom was modern with a shower in the bath and a toilet. In a separate adjacent area was the vanity/sink. There was no safe in the room. The room had ample space for 2 people.
The service was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Centrally located, this is a solid conference hotel with fairly large rooms, nice amenities, and ok food. Bordered by downtown and the artsy area that is emerging in Boise, it is convenient, within walking distance of downtown, museums and good restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bosslady000
Frederick, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed at the Grove 2 nights on 2 separate weekends, a Friday night one weekend and a Saturday night the other. I was on a bike tour that picked us up and dropped us off at the Grove. The location couldn't be better- walking distance to everything- the capital, the lovely park and trails, shopping, restaurants and the Saturday farmer's market, which is a real delight.
The Grove is very pretty and the staff very accommodating. My only negative comments concern the bookkeeping- our reservations we're incorrect 1 room instead of 2 and 1 bed instead of 2 both nights I stayed. Also, on Saturday night we stayed on the 4th floor- terrace level- there was partying in the hall and terrace all night long, so I suggest avoiding that level unless you want to rock with them.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends