The Grove Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel 43(Boise)
Cabana Inn(Boise)
View Hotel
All reviewsdowntown boisehealth clubhockey gamevalet serviceself parkingroom servicewithin walking distanceconvention centerfull servicebeautiful hotelenjoyed my staythe location is perfectbusiness tripfront desk staffnice roomgymarena
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2008

The Grove Hotel offers an elegant establishment right in the downtown Boise vicinity. Rooms are spacious (though trying to squeeze a family into a room won't work), clean and stylish. The location could not be better with so many tourist attractions within a few blocks. Julia Davis Park, with its rose garden, greenbelt, jogging trails, Boise Art Museum, Black History Museum, Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial, and the Boise Zoo, is situated two blocks from the hotel.

Emelio's restaurant in the lobby of the hotel offers delicious meals at very reasonable prices. Staff was very friendly. The only drawback was internet access for travelers who do not bring a laptop. Only one computer was available and occasionally had a backlog of guests waiting to use it.

The Grove is definitely a hotel that I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2008

I was in Boise for a regional NEA conference. The Grove was one of the assigned hotels. Overall, it was okay... not a stand out, but okay.

It was the first hotel, that I've resided in, to have large LCD screen TVs, which kinda' added to the night time experience...in the residential sense.

Not a place to write home about, but it was alright.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Stayed at the Grove for an academic convention. The convention facilities were very comfortable and complete, though a bit of a maze for some of the conference rooms. The hotel staff was great- very helpful, accomodating and professional.

The patio suites are very spacious and comfortable, though the bedroom needed better ventilation. The standard rooms were a bit small, but the beds were very comfy!

Parking overnight at the Grove was a bit expensive, and not on sight, so you have to wait (I waited about 15 minutes at one point) for a staff person to go and get your car and bring it to the front.

Location of this hotel is great though - many excellent restaurants within easy waking distance, plus several museums and the Boise zoo. There is also free transportation to and from the airport, which could eliminate the need for a rental car.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Just attended a conference in Boise and stayed at the Grove. Nice place and location, but the parking underneath is very cramped. In fact, my car was hit (no note left) and I just had an estimate of around $700-$800 for the repair. Thank you very much.

There is a hockey arena built into the complex and when there is a match the parking lot is full. Cars come in and need to turn around in these tight spaces and I'm pretty sure this is how my car was hit as I was parked near the entrance. Unfortunately there are no security cameras in this area of the parking lot. The parking lot attendant was very helpful, but he didn't see the accident so there wasn't much he could do. I know the dent occurred in the parking lot as I never left the facility during my stay.

I do get a little annoyed at the $10/day charge for the Internet. I travel to Boise often and prefer to stay at other locations. At these places the Internet is free and so is the breakfast. Most have a 24 hour fitness room which I like. And the parking situation is much better. The Grove is a nice place, great location, and has very comfortable beds. Also, the room service is very good.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2008

I was in Boise for a regional NEA conference. The Grove was our assigned hotel. When I compare it with my experiences at other hotels (during other NEA conferences), it was okay.

As hotels go, nothing about it stood out. I wasn't a bad experience, nor was it a great experience. It was just a place to lie my head at night. Free Wi-Fi would've been nice, but I guess that was too much to ask for.

The chances of me staying there again are pretty nil, but the odds of me visiting Boise again are pretty nonexistent as well. So I guess that might not be a fair statement.

Again, it was okay.