The Grove Hotel
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$151
Residence Inn
Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square(Boise)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$128
US$119
US$115
HIExpress.com
Best Western Northwest Lodge(Boise)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$98
BestWestern.com
US$146
Hotwire.com
All reviewsdowntown boisehealth clubhockey gamevalet serviceself parkingroom servicewithin walking distanceconvention centerfull servicebeautiful hotelenjoyed my staythe location is perfectbusiness tripfront desk staffnice roomgymarena
Reviewed 20 October 2006

I've stayed at the Grove several times as I travel out of the Boise airport and I must say, that the hotel is completely over priced. The beds are old, the linens are worse, the rooms are small and the service is average at best. Lighting in the rooms is atrocious and the general fixtures in the rooms are garbage.

Don't get me wrong....if the hotel was somewhere you could stay for $79-89 it'd be different...however it's a $139-$179 hotel! Totally over priced.

They are ripe to go bankrupt if a Starwood or Hyatt level hotel came to the area. With Boise continually growing, I'm hoping that will be soon!

Stayed: September 2006
4  Thank MauiEcoTours
Reviewed 30 June 2006

Stayed at the Grove June 2006 for 5 nights. Was quite concerned after reading some of the negative reviews on this site. Hhad no problems during the stay, and overall was pleased with the property.

Registration Desk, Bellmen, Conceirge, Valet staff were all very helpful, pleasant and professional. Offered good ideas on where to go for dinner, golf, and general area information.

Friend had his vehicle valet parked everyday, they were always quick and professional.

Housekeeping staff were pleasant and always greeted you.

Lobby bar was nice (closed a little early, midnight), but bartenders were friendly and speedy.

I got upgraded to a suite and the furnishings were like new. King size bed, jacuzzi tub and a very roomy sitting area, room was nice and clean.

Walking distance to many restaurants and bars

Number of golf courses only 15 - 20 minutes away by car, excellent value less than $50 for 18 and a cart.

Convenience Store only block and half away

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank Calgary_Traveller_8
Reviewed 19 June 2006

I visited Boise on business travel in early June 2006. The hotel has a great location with a number of wonderful restaurants, and shops within safe walking distance. Pretty views from the room - ask for mountain/city view.

The room itself is clearly average - not luxurious in any fashion. Small bathroom, outdated furnishings, terrible pillows.

The staff, however, was extremely friendly and helpful.

It does not seem to have any competition, so I doubt that dollars will be spent to renovate the decor anytime soon.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
6  Thank gtmFt.Thomas
Reviewed 11 May 2006

The Grove is a nice hotel. I was worried after reading the other reviews of the Grove before I went there, but I enjoyed my stay there. Just stayed one night for business. The room was clean and the service was good. They have a computer with free internet use and a copy machine in their business center which was helpful. The location is very central, easy to walk to many restaurants and shops. I would stay there again. Not sure I would rate the hotel the 4 diamond AAA rating that they claim on their website, but its pretty good., maybe a 3 1/2.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank Erica K
A TripAdvisor Member
Bellevue, WA
Reviewed 12 April 2006

We stayed at the Grove twice during a road trip - once on the way out and once on the way back. Our first stay, on a Sunday night, was fine. But, on our second stay, we found a bed bug!

As we were climbing into bed, we found the critter, sitting pretty-as-you-please between the top sheet and the blanket. It looked exactly like the picture posted in our local newspaper several weeks ago. It was a small, red bug with a hard shell.

When I called the front desk to let them know, the clerk said she had never heard of bed bugs! Bed bugs are extremely difficult to get rid of once there is an infestation. They live in mattresses, and can survive over a year even if the mattress is wrapped in plastic. They bite, leaving little red welts on their victims.

The Grove is the nicest hotel in Boise, but next time we'll choose something a little less posh!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member