“Delicious! Top notch quality Asian Cuisine!”
Review of Sushi Joy

Sushi Joy
Ranked #175 of 822 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

You can call me biased if you will. I'm a current & long time employee at Sushi Joy, as well as a long time service industry worker, aspiring Chef/Buisness owner . Three years ago I became a regular, immediately recognizing the consistency of freshness as well as the quality of food and service. Gaining friendship with the head Sushi Chef as well as owner Tiger and his kind out going wife Winnie, bringing me to a buisness/apprienticeship relationship with the restaurant. I'm constantly learning as well as gaining knowledge of what it takes to run and operate a successful restaurant. If you enjoy quality food and service as well as a relaxed family environment, I encourage you to come see one of the true hidden culinary gems Boise has to offer. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Diamond_Tummy

Reviewed 19 February 2014

my 71 st. birthday was great, we had looked all over Boise for quality sushi, and thru other recommendation's we went there, it was not as good as when we went to Japan, but you will not find any better in Boise!! service was right on , the place is very clean and decorated nicely.
we had the sushi boat, we love sushi but we just about could not finish it ! lots of food!
we are going there all the time now.

1  Thank kyotobug
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have driven by here at least 20 times and kept meaning to stop, finally made it in the other day for lunch. I ordered the Sesame chicken, and also got a Monster roll. The Sesame chicken was excellent. Small chunks of chicken perfectly cooked, crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. The sauce it was swimming in was tasty, lightly sweet, a delicious compliment to the perfectly prepared chicken. Some of the best Sesame chicken I have ever had, and there was a lot of it. Generous portion that came along with a big bowl of perfectly cooked steamed rice. The Monster Roll was pretty good, I don't want to comment too much on it, I have had a lot of high quality sushi so I am a bit ruined in that regard. For a place that isn't specializing in sushi it was just fine, they did a great job.

3  Thank BubbaWatson
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I live nearby and have driven by hundreds of times. We have talked many times about trying the sushi, and I am glad we did!

Our service was excellent. Our server was very knowledgable about the sushi rolls, he is actually an understudy of the sushi chef, learning to become one himself.

Value for the food was perfect, the hot tea is unique and very good, I highly recommend trying it.

1  Thank Flyingmiked
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Was invited to this restaurant by a friend from Taiwan, while I was visiting the Boise area. We did not try the sushi as much of the menu seemed to be various Chinese dishes. We tried 3 or 4 different ones and we were not disappointed by any of them.

Would definitely go again, but having done a lot of travel (and being located very close to a Chinatown district), am very hesitant to try the sushi. Though, I have heard very good things about the sushi from this restaurant.

2  Thank Joshua D

Been to Sushi Joy? Share your experiences!