“Interesting museum”

Basque Museum & Cultural Center
Ranked #12 of 138 things to do in Boise
More attraction details
Owner description: Contains exhibits and collections that provide a look at the Basque heritage, history and culture.
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Interesting little museum with lots of great information about the Basque culture - something I didn't know a lot about. Most visitors will probably move through it pretty quickly, so it is best paired with other downtown activities.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I generally believe that if you can't say anything nice, then it's best to not say anything at all. So, before now I have never written a bad review. I also usually ignore bad reviews, thinking that some people can never be satisfied. However, my experience to the Basque area in Boise, specifically the Basque gift shop, led a lot to be desired. I found the woman behind the counter in the gift shop to be rude and purposefully unhelpful. When asked a basic question about Basque history in Boise, she was obviously not in the mood to talk to tourists and seemed put out about being asked anything. At first, thinking that she must be trying to be a "smart" or funny with her answer, we asked her the question again and got the same 5 word "answer" (I use that term very loosely), in a more condescending tone. I am not sure what her issue was, but we decided it was time to leave and not explore the rest of the center or peruse anymore of the gift shop. It was a strange way to be received by someone who should be encouraging questions, thus driving more people to visit the area.

7  Thank SolitudeInParker
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The ladies were so friendly and nice! I learned a lot, and was greeted very kindly. The Basque museum was interesting, as well as the house next to it. Thank you for the friendly faces

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Six of us visited this attraction and found it to be incredibly interesting and informative. We were able to get a private tour of the building with the ball court and the house where the Basques stayed when they came in to Boise.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

The museum was very informative & included a tour of the rooming house next store which was even better! Wendy, in the museum was one of the friendliest docents I've ever met! Patty, who gave the tour next tour was also EXTREMELY friendly & nice, along with being a wealth a knowledge! Well worth the time! I wouldn't miss it!