“We aren't picky travelers, but...”
Review of Budget Inn - Boise

Budget Inn - Boise
Ranked #50 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Belfast, United Kingdom
“We aren't picky travelers, but...”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Unfortunately, Budget Inn in Boise was probably the dirtiest motel I have ever stayed in. Obviously, at such an awesomely low price, our expectations weren't too high to begin with but the stains and, more importantly, the multiple hairs and mystery specks of fluff (?) on the bed sheets meant we only felt comfortable sleeping on top of the comforter without pillows... There was also a very musty smell in the room which was hard to quell even with air fresheners we brought in from our car.

It's a shame that we experienced these issues as there were some positive aspects to the room: easy and pleasant checkin/checkout, good shower, working wifi, close proximity to downtown etc.

For such a great price I would recommend staying here so long as you come prepared (scented candle, clean sheets and towels).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rebecca A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Proctorville, Ohio
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed in this motel for three nights. The room was clean, though the window was broken--it had two cracks (room 123). It seemed to me the window had been broken for a while and when I mentioned this at the front desk I was told "we are looking into it." Furthermore, Internet connection was non-existent. I was given a password which didn't work. The problem was a weak signal which didn't reach the rooms. The signal was pretty strong at the front desk, but the range wasn't strong enough in the rooms. I did mention this to the front desk and they advised me to use the front office for my internet service (this was inconvenient for me.) And, the front office was very defensive about the lack of internet service; actually downright rude and arrogant (the gentleman at the front office).

I was also confused about the charges. While at the front office using the computer, I heard the lady at the front office quote a different price to another customer, different from what I was offered. Not by much, but a few dollars less. This was very confusing to me.

On the plus side, the motel is relatively cheap, especially if you are on a budget; however, for similar priced motels, I would seek another with internet service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Richard A
Churchville, New York, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My room was clean, comfortable and recently remodeled. Strong water pressure, plenty of hot water. Basic but new furnishings. Satellite television with very large selection of channels. Steps from restaurants, convenient to downtown Boise. Relatively quiet area for a city setting. Nothing was broken: everything worked as it should.

Room Tip: This place is only a few steps from a major chain restaurant and convenience store.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Barry H
Logan, Utah
Reviewed 6 February 2014

There seem to be a lot of complaints on the web about this place, but we had a great experience. The room was clean and renovated. The owners were very kind and helpful. This is our go-to motel in Boise from now on. Take some of the other reviews lightly - I'm not sure what people expect for ~$50 per night! We were very pleased.

Room Tip: Room 100 was nicely renovated!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RCamper14
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My experience with the Budget Inn in Boise, ID was beyond unacceptable. The room was filthy (condom wrappers on the floor by the bed, roaches, mildew/filthy bathtub), and the woman that managed the hotel was the rudest, most obnoxious person I've ever encountered in ANY business transaction in all of my years, and I'm 57 years old. When I booked my room for two nights, the hotel was advertised as "pet friendly". The morning after my first night, the woman that ran this dump called my room literally SCREAMING at me that "NO CATS ALLOWED. YOU HAVE TO LEAVE NOW AND I AM CHARGING YOU $100 OR I WILL HAVE YOU ARRESTED." I quickly left, but she still has the money I paid for the 2nd night, and she has continued to attempt to charge my credit card for the additional "penalty". I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Do NOT consider this hotel, even if rooms are being given away!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
11 Thank IndyGlenn

Travellers are raving about these Boise hotels

Kingston, Washington, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2013

our family reunion was staying down the block at a big chain hotel. we stayed at the budget inn..the rooms were freshly painted, the bathrooms had been redone in granite counter tops and all new tile in a huge walk in shower. we had all the amenities of the big chain hotel, coffee pot, fridge, microwave, cable, closet and lots of pillows on the standard lodging style bed. very clean. really nice eastern indian owners .. best of all, just a short ride from downtown activiteis and events..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Elizabeth K
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Upon making a reservation with the budget in reservation for Boise Budget in the register couldn't get ahold of the front desk. I called every 10 minutes for 4 hours trying to make a simple reservation. Then since the room was already paid for she insisted it was not and gouged me for another 45.00. I have since reported this business if that is what they want to call themselves to the better business BBB as this is the worst customer service ever. I even drove 45 miles to see if anyone was there and the door was locked at 5 pm and buzzing the door never didn't even stir anyone to come see what was going on. I went to my sons room and rang the front desk and they still did not answer. Damn good thing the building was not on fire as no one would respond. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this property. Super 8 was more accomidating for the same price and they offer breakfast and a pool...3 blocks away. take your business anywhere else but the BUDGET INN IN BOISE IDAHO. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT ACCOMIDATING. I felt sorry for the registeration person at their 800 number as he seem embarrassed. I would rather sleep I the park in my car than stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business