“Fun, Retro Spacebar”

Spacebar
Ranked #3 of 33 Nightlife in Boise
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Spacebar Swag
Space bar bar of space yum him retro Spacebar hotel games stuff retro Spacebar
The most amazing place I've Been too.

2  Thank CapriSunNigga
in 3 reviews
"fun"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I went in the late afternoon and there were only a few people in the place but really enjoyed seeing and playing the retro video games. They are only 25c! I didn't really partake in the beverage but other reviews say this is good as well. Worth the visit.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is a fun place to take a group of people. They have an excellent selection of very reasonably priced beer and wine - and they really fill up your wine glass! I didn't play the games, but enjoyed watching the husbands play their favorite games, and try to beat eachother's scores! I felt like we were in college again. It wasn't very crowded wen we went - about 8pm on a Friday, so we had good access to the games. It's a fun, cozy place.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Pros:
Lots of classic games.
Lots of beer choices.
Lots of friendly folk.
I think I saw a Virtual Boy (O_o)

Cons:
Too small.
Too much fun.
Too not open on Sundays.
No liquor; no obvious handicapped access.

Short version above. Long version:

Been down a couple of times now. Last time, tagged along with about six of my best local friends and we had a blast playing 4-man Gauntlet and failing at Mortal Kombat. I plan to get much better at Donkey Kong, as well. Having a good selection of beers doesn't exactly help your progress, but it does make the "Jumpman/Mario jumping on a barrel" jokes that much funnier.

I'm not a huge fan of beer; give me a bottle of Jack and a roll of quarters and I'd be in heaven. But that's probably the only real complaint I have about the place. I'd also like to see it expanded, but would settle for liquor.

Actually, a wheelchair ramp or other access would be nice. Gimpy as I am. I had to rely heavily on that guardrail, and the stone facade on the building cut my Mortal Kombat blocking finger pretty deeply. Making a good excuse for why I sucked at it so much after all these years!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This is a "one of a kind" bar arcade in Boise. It's a must see for a fun evening playing all the old arcade and pinball machines! They have a great beer and wine selection to please most anyone. There are tables to sit at while you take a break from the games. OH...and the games are only a quarter a piece! Can't beat that!

3  Thank HappyTravelers4ever