“Great sandwiches!”

Bleubird
Ranked #5 of 817 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I echo what everyone else has said about Bleubird. I liked my turkey and brie sandwich so much yesterday that I came back today for the smoked salmon sandwich (also delish). I also treated myself to a dark chocolate brownie which was outstanding. The owners are delightful and once I asked, they gave me great ideas of what to see and do while I was in Boise.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

These sandwiches are to die for. Currently I am sitting here eating a Smoked Salmon and Lox sandwich and a Turkey and Brie sandwich. I am in hog heaven at this point. The owner makes everything himself, including all of his delicious and unique drinks. If you are unsure of where to eat your lunch while in Boise-try this place. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A great corner restaurant for the most delicious and inventive salads, sandwiches and soups. You need to get there early for lunch because the line adds up and ends going out the door. Also, they will only take as many orders as they can fulfill within a certain amount of time, so you could have a substantial wait. It's worth it, though!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Surprising. That creamy first bite of a pastrami reuben. The earthiness of the purple potatoes in their blue cheese potato salad. The zip in their blackberry sage soda. $11.66 for the trio makes it slightly more expensive than other lunch places in Downtown Boise. But let's be honest. It's good. It's worth the wait to stand in line during the hot summer days.

Let's break down that pastrami reuben ($8.50). A healthy amount of thinly sliced beef pastrami sitting underneath purple cabbage slaw and a slce of gruyere chese, with a slathering of russian relish dressing. The slaw makes it fresh, the relish makes it tangy, and the cheese makes it rich. It's familiar, yet surprisingly different.

Pair that with the potato salad and a refreshingly zippy blackberry sage mimosa ($7), and it's pure decadence masquerading as simple lunch fare.

Let's say you want to opt for the Turkey and Brie ($8) instead. A fine choice, I might add. In this case it's the apples and fig preserves that elevate the sandwich, making you wonder why you haven't tasted anything like that before.

You'll find similar offerings with everything else on their menu. From the salmon lox to the smoked pork cubano, Both of which, by the way, I ask for a lemon slice to spritz on top of.

I hate only one thing: They are not open on Saturdays or Evenings. Why? It's selfish really. Because I want to have a mimosa without having to go back to work after I drink it. In fact. I may want to have two.

1  Thank Rob L
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I were traveling thru to Portland and stopped to have lunch. We picked the Bluebird cafe from a suggestion on Trip advisor forum. I enjoy eating at local places when we travel. Bluebird cafe was perfect fit for that. I had the Pastrami Ruben. The meat was tender and not fatty at all. The bread that they served it on was fresh and delicious. You should try the bleu cheese potato salad. The blue cheese was not to strong. On the way out the door I saw them making some drinks that looked so good so I ordered a Pomegranate Sage drink. Try it you will like it. The place was clean as was the restrooms. My only suggestion would be for them to get bigger bags to take half sandwiches home in. Our bags ripped when we put are sandwich in them.

Been to Bleubird? Share your experiences!