“Great Italian Food”

Ranked #13 of 820 Restaurants in Boise
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Luciano's, where all of our recipes are made from scratch with only the freshest ingredients. Enjoy authentic Italian food, friendly personal service, and a traditional family feel in the city of trees!
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I've had Italian food throughout the entire northwest, California and beyond. I've always been told "you're going to love this place, the food is great". Until last evening I've usually been dissapointed. It was a Thursday evening about 8:00pm and this place was still busy. I truely have to say this is the "best" italian food I've ever had, and I was in the resturant business for years. Don't put stock in the reviews that say "circus", "too bad" or other degrading remarks. I'm sure if this place was this busy on a Thursday evening at 8:00pm thy're probably a little overwhelmed on a Friday or Saturday. Just be paitient and kind and you'll be rewarded with "great" food

1  Thank In_The_Know123

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This place is like a headless monster. No sense of direction. The wait staff all seemed too busy to care, there was glassware all over the bar, no one smiled during our visit Friday evening. The kitchen staff was cursing the entire time we waited in the lobby. When we asked to speak to the service manager our server told us 'that that person had recently quit, and with good reason.' Wow-tacky. Our food was ok. Not the quality we have had in the past, mine was on the cold side, hers was bland & the chicken was tough. Her glass of wine was old, that's the only way to describe it, opened for days? This used to be a with it restaurant. A month ago it appeared to be classy & well organized. If you enjoy watching a slew of restaurant employees run around grouchy & cursing, try Luciano's I guess. Sad....

7  Thank Igetaroundtowntoo
Reviewed 11 October 2013

THIS IS THE BEST ITALIAN FOOD EVER!!!! The waiter Todd knows his stuff!!! We Can't wait to go back. Maybe this Weekend??? Love this place and would recommend to anyone!!!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Like the reviewer before me I really wanted to like this place. This was my second visit. Just as disappointing as the first time almost a year ago. Too bad. Perhaps the other reviewers hit it on a night when a different chef was in. All I can say is garlic is not the only spice. Our Cesar salads had no taste other than it. Likewise my Veal Piccata was overwhelmed by it. The fettuccine noodles overcooked and 2 very small tough pieces of veal almost inedible. My Daughter had better luck with her shrimp linguini. It was flavored delightedly yet again the linguini overcooked. The shrimp were the type you get in the grocery store in the small plastic trays. Not what I would expect from a restaurant. However, the waitstaff was good. The warm bread they serve is wonderful. Their wine list is large and varied with plenty of choices by the glass. This place has lots of potential with improved food.

1  Thank wanabechef
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We really wanted to like this restaurant since so many businesses have failed at this location, but it just wasn’t good. The entryway is super awkward. It is the waiting area, the bar and the entry/exit to the kitchen all in a tiny space. We sat and watched the kitchen staff continually wipe their faces and nose and then use those same hands to dress salads. Our waiter was amazing and the prices are good, but the food was not good at all. I ordered the Chicken Scaloppini and instead of nice meaty mushrooms and artichoke hearts, it was limp canned mushroom slices and tiny chopped up artichokes. The chicken was dry (maybe cooked and sliced hours before and then added as needed?). I hope they do well, but we will continue to make a trip to Louie’s in Meridian when we want good Italian food.

2  Thank Allicat0101