“Could be much better”

Carino's Italian-Boise
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We've been here a few times and the food just isn't that good. The salad and bread are OK but the main dishes aren't very good. I've tried a few of the chicken dishes, my husband has had the Chicken Parm, etc. Our oldest son gets french fries with his kid's meal and they are the best thing I've had there so far! I'm very sad to learn that a Carraba's used to be open around the corner from here. I still can't figure out how this place thrived while Carraba's didn't...such a mystery!

1  Thank KarlaD549

Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

Even on a Friday night we got in in under 10 minutes. The food is great - try the bow tie pasta. Service was great and food delivery was fairly quick. Only drawback is the noise level. Still I recommend this spot.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Great waitstaff, fair Italian food. Nothing I would rush back for, but nice atmosphere. Our server was very attentive and provided great service throughout our dinner and dessert. The food arrived quickly and was good, but not anything special...not overly flavorful like I expect italian food to be. I'd give it another try though.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We loved this restaurant! Best service we've ever had and food was hot, fresh and delicious. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I was surprised to learn that Carraba's closed their Boise area location but Carino's carries on. In the overall scheme of mid-market Italian chain restaurants Carraba's consistently earns the top spot in the industry polls while Carino's is toward the back of the pack. The Boise location explains why. Everything was ok but nothing was really good. Chicken Marsala - my go-to dish - tasted like the sauce came from a can. Not saying it did but that it tasted like it. Service was oh hum with an off duty employee - not sure if they were coming on or going off duty - stretched out in the booth next to me.