“Love Family Night” 5 of 5 bubbles

Carino's Italian-Boise
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Love Family Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Best deal in town for taking 4 people out to dinner and going Italian at that. We never used to come here much until we discovered family night on Monday nights. Essentially you get a family dinner deal which has soup, salad, main course for 4 people at half price which usually comes in around 15 bucks. Tip etc OTD we're usually 20 -25 bucks. It isn't our favorite Italian stop but on a Monday night to feed the crew we're there!

Visited January 2014

Santa Rosa, ca
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quiet nod relaxing. Great portions for teenagers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Service excellent. Tomato sauces well done, not under cooked or over cooked ... Smooth and tasty. Shrimp and chicken pasta was very good.

Visited October 2013
“Very pleased with the dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I've been here a couple times now, just eaten at the bar. The servers were all very friendly and the food was really good. I'd say similar to a Carraba's.

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'd rather go to Olive Garden...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

The food was OK. I ordered the Tuscan Rib Eye which was a little over cooked when I asked for medium well. The potatoes on the side were also over cooked and mushy. I asked for the 'surf and turf' add on which was supposed to be jumbo shrimp and scallops, what i got was two basic shrimp and a handfull of these itty bitty scallops (coming from washington state... Was not impressed). The free appetizer bread was a basic hoagie roll buttered and sprinkled w/ some Italian seasoning. I also ordered a side salad and desert. The salad was pretty good but the house vinigerette was really sour... And the desert... That was a huge disappointment. I ordered a mini chocolate cake. In the description it says its a slice of warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. What came to me was a one inch cube of cold dry cake and a teeny scoop of iced vanilla ice cream. The waiter I had won me over which is why I have this restaurant an average review. He was super friendly and would check on me quite often to make sure everything was ok even though he was waiting on a larger party as well.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

The restaurant is clean and the staff was very friendly. They have a nightly special and we were pleasantly surprised to get a family style meal for half off! We ordered the chicken Parmesan family style and it came with salad, bread, spaghetti and 4 chicken breasts for less than $17 on their half price special. Great deal!

• Visited August 2013