“Best Sushi in the Northwest”

Shige Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #509 of 819 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I travel quite a bit for work. While in Boise, I always make time for Shige in downtown. Simply one of the best Sushi restaurants I've ever been in. Love the Rainbow Roll - make sure you ask for crab salad on top!

1  Thank PaulB P

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have been visiting Boise for years and always make Shige one of my must do dinner stops as they used to be pretty much the only sushi place in Boise as well as one of my favorites anywhere. However over the last 5 years they have just slowly been declining and the environment getting more and more run down and dingy. The bathrooms are outside and down the hall as they share with the other businesses and they are just getting flat gross. It seems as if people urinate in the hall as the smell is just horrible. I have overlooked it for years as the food was so great.

However the quality has been sliiping steadily and after last weekend we noticed that the patronage is shrinking as well now that there are a few newer places open. Sadly we are going to try one of them next time;-(

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We celebrated my birthday dinner at Shige Japanese Cuisine in Boise. A quick note, the restaurant is on the second floor, we walked right past it before finding it. Since it was early on a holiday weekend, we were the only two around the grill. There were 8 seats available for we had a personnel chief. The food is cooked right in front of you. The cooking is part of the "show" and we enjoyed it very much. The food was good and the portions were very reasonable. It would be a great place to take the family or friends on a special occasion.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This place has great sushi. The teppanyaki is very fresh and good portions. Great Value. They are a bit turn and burn. we love to go with friends or the kiddos.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We have eaten at all of the Shige locations, and while the premise is there and the food is fine, they come off lacking. The service is haphazard... sometimes too slow, sometimes overbearing, often getting orders wrong or forgetting drinks. It's an interesting stop for the change in food, but lots better choices in Boise.

Been to Shige Japanese Cuisine? Share your experiences!