“Not an Irish welcome”

Ha'penny Bridge Irish Pub
Ranked #311 of 835 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

I have to say that i am utterly disappointed with this pub especially due to its location.
My reasons for disappointment are not as you would expect. The pub itself is nice, traditional and in a prime location. Great draft beer also. My dillema actually occured after I experienced the pub. Around 1pm on saturday my self and a couple of friends had a few drinks in the pub and we went on our merry way. 1am that night we were passing again and i desperatly needed to use their restroom facilities. On return from the restrooms i was followed out of the pub by a staff member and shouted at (infront of other customers). I cant remember his exact words but it was along the lines of girls being ignorant and how dare we just use their restrooms. Needless to say that I was mortified. Not mortified for me but for the Irish nation as these are not the type of hospitality skills. Its a shame for a pub thats in such a great location.

1  Thank gillian O

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stopped into this pub for a couple of drinks and appetizers. We were surprised that for the cost of the food, how little we received. Great presentation, and the drinks were a decent price, but I don't think we go back with food on our minds. Enjoyed the live music, which bumped this review from a 3 to a 4. Overall, a nice place to hang out downtown.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

...we weren't impressed by the service, certainly. We felt like we were ignored. Staff was good when we got someone, finally. Food was not bad-but not great. Better than adequate, certainly, and not a bad deal for price. While there were few people in when we got there, more came-and yet, the music seemed to be louder-to the point of being really irritating. BUT...the food was good, and our staff-when we got served-was very friendly.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Staff if fantastic and the Karaoke was the highlight of the night. Some good, some great and a few train wrecks. Everyone had a good time. I will definitely go again.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was in Boise on business and opted for a local Groupon for the Ha'penny. Note to self: They offer Groupon discounts for a reason.

Authentic Irish it's not. They do serve Guiness, however. And they offer corned beef and cabbage, shepard's pie and fish and chips which gives a nod to basic and cliche'd Irish cuisine. They also serve chicken wings and finger steaks to cater to the classic Boise bar clientele.

I would not recommend the mac and cheese. Kraft makes it better.