“Terrible. Worst in Boise, I'm sorry to say”

Golden Star Restaurant
Ranked #206 of 835 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family went here after hearing decent reviews of Golden Star.

It is the worst Chinese restaurant I've ever been in. Definitely the worst in Boise. Why? The food is very very bland. There is no "spicy" option. We aren't really all that picky, but couldn't finish our meals because of the taste, and didn't want to take it home.

Don't waste your money here. I'm really trying to understand the good reviews here, and just can't.

3  Thank Tiger_ L

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have been going here off and on since 1977. It's not a PF Chang but the family has bee in business forever and that says a lot, not to mention it cost less. Food is ok, could be a little better but sure could be a hell of a lot worse. Try it!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went for lunch after reading the positive reviews. Had sweet and sour pork and chow mien and my wife had the same except Mongolian chicken. Chicken was pasty and fatty, not crispy like it was intended, My pork was just okay, straight out of a box I think. The chow mien was fresh but didn't care for the sauce. My wife ate some of my s/s pork but couldn't eat anything else. Read their soup was good but didn't try it. It's old and seems to have been there a long time but I don't know how!
We are new to the Boise area and still looking for a decent Chinese restaurant. Unlucky so far. I still think P.F. Changes is the best but further to drive. Next time we will drive the extra distance.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I take that back... It's the best Chinese food anywhere, and I've lived in 14 different states and 4 different countries. The egg flour soup is one of my favorites.... It's so yummy. I have started getting the halibut these past few months....It is so good. If I ask for a side of vinegar, it reminds me of the fish and chips I used to order in England. I always get a side of steamed vegetables, they are so good. Even though I don't get it very often, the fried rice is my favorite thing on the menu.

1  Thank MinervaNichole
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Squishy, fatty chicken. Fried greasy everything. Not worth the price or calories. There is much better Chinese food to be had in Boise.

Been to Golden Star Restaurant? Share your experiences!