“canned crab on a 30 dollar steak!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lock Stock & Barrel

Lock Stock & Barrel
Reserve with OpenTable
Lock Stock & Barrel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #170 of 784 Restaurants in Boise
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 11th & Jefferson
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“canned crab on a 30 dollar steak!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

I hadn't been here in a long time, it Was A Favorite place to go for a great steak. I was surprised how slow it was for Friday night. I ordereD The steak Oscar, filet mignon with lump crab @ $27.00.
It Looked Like Runny Tuna All Over My Steak. when I question the waiter about the lump crab as stated in the menu.. he told me they use canned crab! I told him to bring me the menu I was sure it said lump crab... it was awful! They ruined a perfectly great steak! its not what it used to be. I doubt I'll go back. too much money spent for an awful dinner.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank suz_in_idaho

Boise, Idaho
“Great service, beef and happy hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

All 3 visits have been great. 2 were sit down dinners with DH, the prime rib is excellent, salads just right and desserts (crème brulee and mud pie) suitably sindful. Last week's visit was a happy hour appetizer with work friend. Again attentive yet unobtrusive service, delicious appetizers (shaved prime rib dip and stuffed potato skins) and yummy beer.

• Visited April 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Enjoyed the live music”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

The restaurant seems tired, the waitstaff seemed tired, the salad bar was once the talk of the town, but now lacks much substance. Drinks were good, the music was very good, and still pulls a crowd, but seems like there are better choices around town.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank GoBSUBroncos
United Arab Emirates
“Lovely Steaks, great waiter, insanely loud ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

We went to Lock, Stock, and Barrel last night. We ordered the Filet Mignon and Black and Bleu Ribeye. Our waiter (Scott?) was attentive and helful. He let me try several brews before commiting. Which was good because the Hop Scotch beer is so hoppy it was practically undrinkable. The waiter was the perfect blend of attentive and obscure, meaning he wasn't up in our grill talking too much or upselling. He was wonderful.
The Caesar salads were crisp and well sized. The steaks were perfectly cooked and presented well. The bake potato was huge and came with all the delish potato fixings (butter, sour cream, bacon bits)
The only disappointment in the food was the black and bleu ribeye had not a hint of gorgonzola flavoring and no hint of having ever had any gorgonzola on or near them. The steak was tasty, just bland for what I was expecting.
The second disappointment was how insanely LOUD the restaurant was. It was a cacaphony of sounds. The sounds resonated from every corner of the room we were seated in. I felt like I was howling at times to my dinner mates. That was terribly annoying.
The owner Scott was checking in on tables and I meant to mention the lack of gogonzola but chose not to since I was full by then and wanted a go-box and get out of the noisy room.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Burlington, Canada
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

We attended a rehearsal dinner here and it was fabulous! Loved it! We came in the door and you immediately heard the live entertainment. The service was excellent and the food was excellent. I would definitely go back!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Lock Stock & Barrel? Share your experiences!