“Date Night”

Ranked #595 of 821 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Drink Waterfront Grill is Boise's up and coming waterfront fine dining destination restaurant. Owner Steve Masonheimer has teamed with Restaurateur Casey Grime and turned The Drink into something special. The full menu includes everything from gourmet burgers and wraps, a ribeye steak with prawn to scallop skewers and Cajun salmon. There really is something for everyone! There is always something going on at The Drink from Monday Night Trivia at 7 p.m., to the Treasure Valley's Hottest DJ - DJ Rage - on the Weekends! Need a venue to book your next event? We've done birthdays, anniversaries, office parties and even weddings! Have your next get together on our beautiful floating docks! Catering available. We even have a separate sports bar Whammy's, where you can watch the game, play pool or meet with your friends for Happy Hour 3 to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday, open to 3 p.m. Saturday and ALL day Sunday!
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My wife and I won a $50 gift certificate to The Drink and decided to use it on our date night. Great view...the restaurant is right on the Boise river. Our waiter was very nice and over all he did a very good job. My wife thought he should have come around a little more often, but I thought he paid us the right amount of attention. I don't like waiters that hover, but occassionally check on us. We ordered the sampler appetizer and it was pretty good. The chicken wings were not spicy (ok with me), the pico de gallo was excellent and we were suppose to get shrimp, but they were out. They replaced the shrimp with the crab and shrimp dip...my wife thought it was excellent (not really my thing, so not a good judge) and mozzarella sticks are all pretty much the same. We ordered the shrimp and scallop skewers...fantastic. The shrimp were large and tasty, the scallops were good size, wrapped in bacon and perfectly cooked...very tender. I had a beer (Sockeye) and my wife had the waiter have the bartender surprise her with a beachy drink. It came in a plastic cup (odd), but it was good and strong. Dinner without tip was $41...they would not let us use the remaining portion of our gift certificate ($9) for the tip, so we gave it to the table next to us.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Great atmosphere down on the dock during sunset. Great place to grab a drink and maybe a appetizer. Took FOREVER to get our drinks, when we did get them they were wrong. Took forever to get the food, I think it was defrosted on her walk out to us. Food overall tasted good, if you like your warm food somewhat warm. Took forever to get our checks, they were wrong again, then she charged two tickets on one card. Management was accommodating, I won't be going back anytime soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2011

The title says it all. If you seek a meat market then this will do...a place to drink before you screw.

Been to The Drink? Share your experiences!