“Must try”

Ranked #76 of 820 Restaurants in Boise
Price range: US$7 - US$7
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Moon's Kitchen has moved to 712 W Idaho St, Boise ID. One of the longest standing Diners in Idaho. Best Breakfast and Lunch Menu, Breakfast served all day. Famous for hand dipped milkshakes. Nostalgic
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Moons cafe, It's a hidden gem in Boise. Would even notice it hidden in down town. Great atmosphere with great food and the service is fun and enjoyable. Must try if your visiting Boise.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Good downtown location with everything you expect or remember from a classic 50's diner. Cute and savvy servers. Very Clean, No frills, just good food at fair market value.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stopped in for milkshakes in the afternoon. They had a large creative selection of shakes. We each had a different one (5). Each one of them was excellent. The décor of the restaurant had an old timey theme, very nice

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have been going to Moon's for a long time. Went with my family this last weekend and my nephew ordered lunch, and the rest of us ordered breakfast. I got the spicy chicken omelet that comes with hollandaise sauce. I asked for no hollandaise sauce on the eggs. When I received my dish, the plate was covered in hollandaise sauce, I brought it to the servers attention and she seemed frustrated that it had not come out correctly, but she's the last person to see the dish before it comes out, so she didn't take any ownership for it being wrong. My sister asked for the other style of potatoes with her breakfast burrito and she didn't get it right. When we brought it to the servers attention, she just laughed it off, and never brought the correct item back to our table. When we were paying, I brought it to her attention again and she told us that she would go get us a to-go container of the right potatoes. What good is it to have the right item when you're leaving? Drink service was slow, and we never did get our drinks re-filled before we left. There was no serious handling of the mess up that occurred, it's as if it didn't matter, and that that type of service is acceptable. We paid for the mess up in our orders, and didn't get offered any kind of discount for not getting what we ordered. It was a very disappointing visit. I think I will partake in another eatery downtown for breakfast on Capital City Market Saturdays.

2  Thank lizlsw79
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Thought I had traveled back in time to the 1950's or '60's. A fellow traveler recommended it to me. I missed it when I was walking by. Prices were very reasonable, the Idaho red potatoes were great & the service was very friendly! DO try it!

Been to Moon's Kitchen Cafe? Share your experiences!