“Eat at Joe's!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I usually avoid chain restaurants, but there's no place like Joe's, especially the one in Boise. I remember it years ago as the old Chart House. Now it's as fun and funky as any Joe's with the added bonus of being right on the Boise River, with a wonderful view. We saw ducks, Canada geese, and blue herons, as well as some fish jumping. And speaking of fish, the food never disappoints. I had the Southern style lobster and my sweetie had a crab boil, as much fun to eat as it was flavorful. We shared the giant apple crisp dessert portion and went away happy, not crabby.

2  Thank IdahoPug

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Never disappointed to eat at Joe's. Nice location located right on the Boise River and Riverwalk. However it is a little hard to see as it is set back from the street. The servers always strive to provide first class service. Their menu recommendations never disappoint. The food as always was fresh, delicious and plentiful.

1  Thank RDale_13
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I have been to joes a few times before. Always liked the food and the service was always ok until we had Jen as our waitress. She was so friendly and knew all the best things joes had to offer as far as menu choices. I always get the shrimp but she convinces us to try the crab, being from Oregon I was hesitant, but it was wonderful! My wife and I were happy to find a crab escape when we can't get back home and Jen easily made us want to come back again. Cheers!

2  Thank Joejenkins
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Usual Joe's Crab Shack menu, served by friendly and knowledgeable staff, in a setting right on the river walk

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Admitedly we ended up going there for dinner since it was an easy walk from our hotel. We rarely have high expectations from a chain restaurant and evaluate them a bit differently. The staff was friendly and outgoing but maybe a bit too intense in constantly checking on us. We would have prefered their outside seating overlooking the river, they warned us of problems with bees harassing outside diners.

Our drinks were above average and the same can be said for our choice of entrees.

1  Thank 324neilc

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!