“Disgusting diner, tasty dessert”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #114 of 791 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Boise, Idaho
“Disgusting diner, tasty dessert”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Came here with my husband to try the crab. We normally go to another restaurant for the seafood, but I decided we should venture out and try to find even better crab. Big mistake. I ordered the most expensive crab; the king crab legs. Oh my goodness, it was as if they had been soaked in salt water for months. I couldn't eat very much. My husband ordered the sirloin and shrimp, he hated it. He said the sirloin was super fatty and the shrimp tasted funny. On the plus side, my husband wanted to try the s'mores dessert and he loved it. I had a bite and it was very tasty. May come back here sometime for the dessert, but never for a main dish.

Boise, Idaho
“Excellent bartenders! ”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My friends and I all went out to joes last weekend and because of a wait decided to sit at the bar where we were told we could grab drinks while we waited. Jenn and Lexy were behind the bar and were absolutely awesome from the get go! They were slammed and it wasn't hard to see they had a million things going on but they both greeted us with genuine smiles (rare for bartenders) and made small talk with us and all the others at the bar the entire time. They suggested the new mason jar drinks they were advertising, some punch thing, that was awsome! We enjoyed the drinks and the service so much we just decided to eat our dinner at the bar. We all will definitely be back with our husbands and you can bet we will be sitting at the bar again! Go eat with Jenn and Lexy at joes!

Tremonton, Utah
“GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

A little busy but speedy service. Didn't have to wait long for a table. Great food. Staff was wonderful. We even got to see a dance.

• Visited December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Tuesday Fun!!!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Luckily my girlfriend worked here at the time so now I feel more comfortable writing a review regarding this eatery. I loved the Tuesday specials. I try and get seafood wherever I go for travel and Joe's usually does a good job. I recommend the Balls of Fire.

• Visited July 2013
Twin Falls, Idaho
“Eat at Joe's!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I usually avoid chain restaurants, but there's no place like Joe's, especially the one in Boise. I remember it years ago as the old Chart House. Now it's as fun and funky as any Joe's with the added bonus of being right on the Boise River, with a wonderful view. We saw ducks, Canada geese, and blue herons, as well as some fish jumping. And speaking of fish, the food never disappoints. I had the Southern style lobster and my sweetie had a crab boil, as much fun to eat as it was flavorful. We shared the giant apple crisp dessert portion and went away happy, not crabby.

• Visited October 2013