“Don't let the small size fool you... this zoo is BIG fun”
Review of Zoo Boise

Zoo Boise
Ranked #8 of 133 things to do in Boise
Reviewed 23 June 2014

They have made EXCELLENT use of every corner of this zoo. Fun, fun, fun! This zoo is extremely kid-friendly & the adults will also enjoy it. The layout has a lot of twisty, windy paths with fun things for kids to do at every corner. Also, they have several face-to-face animal adventure such as hand-feeding the giraffes, an open wallaby exhibit, goat petting zoo, and butterfly pen. There is a lot of shade trees so this is good place to visit on a hot day. If you are looking for a half-day adventure in Boise (with kids) then I recommend adding Zoo Boise on your list.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

My family have had a ZooBoise membership for years. Even though my kids are now teenagers, we still love visiting the zoo. We've enjoyed seeing the snow leopard kittens and the new anteater is my favorite. I really like the opportunity to feed some of the animals.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is by no means a large zoo in comparison to many others I have seen, but it did make for a fun day out. It has alot of different animals that I hadn't seen in other zoos. I felt I could get up closer to the animals at this zoo in comparison to larger zoos over the world. Definitely worth a visit if in the Boise area.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a nice little zoo! My kids always enjoy spending a day here. It has always been well kept and it is easy to get around. The gift shop has some fun stuff for kids of all ages. Some of the exhibits seem a bit small, but they do what they can with the space they have. There are lots of stuff for the kids to touch, and play with. M kid always like the big set of fox ears, and the glass domes in the praire dog exhibit. Over its a fun experience I would recommend. Also the zoo is right by a nice park and in the summer the rose garden is really close and it is beautiful to walk through and see all the different types of roses.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Small zoo and very entertaining. Had the place to ourselves for an hour right after opening. Butterfly exhibit was the highlight of the day.

Been to Zoo Boise? Share your experiences!