Howard Johnson Boise Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

So from 04/11/14-04/14/14 my wife and I stayed at the Howard Johnson motel that is right by the highway in Boise. It is right behind Walmart and Lowe. Now I will say that at first we were afraid that this trip was going to be horrible. I was worried from the different comments that were made about it previous of us arriving to the motel. We found it to be good for the most part because it did fulfill our needs. Also, I will say that they should clean the swimming pool, or put a swimming pool cap over it so that it wouldn't get filthy again. Also there are signs through out the property that says no smoking. I am sorry but they didn't truly follow through with their policy on account you could smell smoke outside and it is suppose to be a smoke free location. Now in the room we found it to be fine just for our needs on account we live and travel on a budget. Yet, we found that there was wall paper coming off and the water wouldn't heat up immediately instead we had to wait for a few minutes. Also, the service was good and they did try to help us when it was possible the only thing I believe they should change is the idea that the cell phone caused the card keys to stop working. Come on I wasn't born yesterday. I traveled with my mom to Salt Lake and suffered the same exact issue and at the time there was no cell phones with any of us. This was a poor excuse for poor service on their part even though they were able to fix it a couple of times. I will say that the other issue I had at least was that there are people that live there. To me it feels kinda awkward having a person live right next door to your room. What I found the most intimidating is that when my wife and I were coming back from dinner, we say a bunch of Mexican men standing in front of our room. Now I don't know the reason why they were there but it seemed kinda wrong in a way. Now I am not racist I am a Mexican American but that too me was not very pleasing to see. Breakfast was fine and the majority of the service that they gave was fine the only thing they should better is changing the towels out. Also the noise level was not horrible even with the highway we stayed at the front and we stayed by the highway we hardly heard the cars. The air conditioning unit did work also. Also the service people were good and fast. They seemed happy for the most part which is good. The location of the motel is alright even though I don't prefer being behind a couple of super markets. Yet, they were close enough to the activities that we wanted to go to.
Now at the end of the day for the first time at Boise, Motel Howard Johnson did a good job. They did feel our immediate needs and it is just an average motel nothing special about it. For the future we probably will not return to it.

Room Tip: Don't have high expectations, just look for the necessities.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Boise Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I am sorry that our hotel did not meet you expectations. Your comments are very important to us so we can address the issues you mentioned. Any time you visit us and wonder why certain people are close to your room, always call us so we can investigate. The ones you mentioned were guest. I apologize if you felt uncomfortable.
We appreciate you business and wish you safe travels.
Gloria M. Brown
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed at many Howard Johnson hotels before, this one was nothing like them. It is located right by the freeway behind a Lowe's. It is very cheap looking. We got into our room, and I was walking around and stepped in something yellow and gooey. I was immediately disgusted. I looked again and noticed stains on the bedsheets, a un-vacuumed carpet, and the coffee maker had used coffee bags in it. I requested to change rooms and told the reception clerk the issues, and he realized on his board that the room had not been clean. I got moved to the next room, but again, the coffee maker had used bags in it. I could barely sleep at night just disgusted by the uncleanliness of the rooms. He told me to move in next room but I refused, How many times am I suppose to be changing rooms?!?! The morning breakfast was fine. It had cereal and waffles just like most. But I would never stay here again!

Room Tip: The first room I was in was old school. It had an old heater and old boxed tv. When I moved into another room it was more updated. A newer AC/heater system (that still did not work I had to crank the heat to 85 degrees just to feel heat) and an LCD TV.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2014

You changed your pillows this time and they were great. The bed was wonderful and the service was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business