“Excellent hotel downtown, New & Clean,walking distance to many shops/restautants! Superb front desk staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Boise
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2012

A great example of what a Hampton Inn should be. Stellar service from front desk staff who are very responsive and attentive to guests needs.
Hilton's Still think it's a good idea to save money by having no trash can liners. GROSS! Why? does a liner in the trash can cost the hotel that much, that they would save on this item? Think of what people put in the bathroom trash can. Now picture the maid wiping it out with a wet cloth. Ewww!!
Front desk immediately had liners brought up to my room, as well as a slip matt for the shower, and extra hangers.
EVEN BETTER - The girl offered to add those onto my Honors account as room preferences. Excellent pro-active gesture to do that.
Parking in the attached garage is convient and $10 per day for in/out priviledges. Free fast internet. A BUNCH of available TV stations which I love!!
Overall a great stay at perfect downtown location. Recommended!!!

Room Tip: top floor has nice views.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Cottonwood Idaho
Reviewed 21 March 2012

After a nearby hotel bumped my reservation without notification my colleague booked me into the Hampton. Maria at the front desk could not have been more accommodating or welcoming. She has my vote for Miss Hospitality of Idaho! As a thank you for tyring the Hampton I was placed in a large suite on an upper floor. Very comfortable, clean making a most enjoyable stay. The business center adjacent to the main lobby was well equiped for all my needs. People were enjoying the large, but fairly private lounge area furnished with tables, chairs & comfy upholstered couches as well. I nice hangout area for sure without feeling in the way of arriving/departing guests. Will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: I'd suggest a room away from the elevators. Could hear a low rumble through my room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank FrancesinIdaho
WA
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights before a wedding this past weekend, we orginally booked this hotel for our children (because of the pool and breakfast) but didn't end up taking them. I was very pleased I didn't cancel and re-book at a different hotel just because we didn't take the kids.
The hotel is very clean, hotel staff was always friendly and the breakfast was wonderful. In the lobby area there is a ton of table and chairs, fireplaces and tv just to hang out by. There is always water and fresh fruit 24 hours a day which is a nice touch. The location is awesome, very close to everything downtown, shops, restaurants and great dining options. We parked the car on Friday and didn't use it again until we checked out on Sunday. The taxi service is fast and the front desk offers a 10% discount coupon when you ask.
We had a king suite which was nice and the bed was comfortable. There is a fridge and microwave in the room as well as a coffee maker. The bathroom area was nice with the exception of no fan in the bathroom which is a huge irritant to me.

Overall this hotel is wonderful, would definitly stay at this hotel again if ever in Boise.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fopcookbook
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This hotel has either just been renovated or is brand new. Very clean, well kept, quality appointments, VERY helpful,friendly staff. Great service - the beds have a variety of pillows. Easy walk to many restaurants, cute shops. Great views of the mountains if you book the North facing rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tkrcbran
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I have been on roads since last year and my stay at this hotel is almost 7 months now - all weekdays. It is just home away home.. I love to get back to this hotel every sunday night after longgggg tiring flight. I just love the hotel and staff. I would say the Staffs (both front desk and kitchen) are awesome.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are good, Honeymoon suite is good even if alone ;)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MRRVIN
Olney, Maryland
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I love this hotel. It is a Hampton, and you get what Hampton's have to offer--free breakfast, free wi-fi, good free business center. It also has a decent workout room with free weights and cardio machines. I enjoy the pool, although I suspect it was designed for kids younger than 50. This hotel is offers a great location. Close to shopping, dining, and 2 movie theaters. I do business at the state capitol complex--it's a short walk from the hotel. It's also close to the Greenbelt and Julia Davis park--highly recommended. Why get on a treadmill when you can walk or run for miles on the beautiful river greenbelt. I admit that there are some really interesting and nice hotels close by including Hotel 43 and the Modern. I've stayed at both and enjoyed them. But I keep coming back to the Hampton and not just to get my Hilton points. The staff are great. Very friendly and helpful. I was in need of a nail salon yesterday and their recommendation did not disappoint. I've stayed here 5-6 times and have always found staff advice to be right on target.

The one negative is the coffee. This isn't specific to the Boise Hampton--it's chainwide. Ok, it's free, but could use an upgrade in quality.

• Stayed February 2012
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The staff at this hotel was great. The night before leaving, we set up a shuttle to the airport for 7:45am the next morning. We ended up waking up at around 7:40 and called the front desk to see if the shuttle was still there. We rushed down to the lobby and of course, we didn't make it by 7:45. The shuttle was full and had left. The front desk staff, however, informed us that they had called a taxi for us and would pay for it. The taxi arrived in less than 5 minutes, and we made it to the airport on time. Aside from this experience, the staff was awesome all weekend long, providing great recommendations on restaurants and being very friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends