“Great Hotel...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed 5 January 2009

We headed to Boise for the Roady’s Humanitarian College Football Bowl Game and figured that this hotel would be closest to Bronco Stadium.

I couldn’t expect more from a Hampton. Very spacious rooms with nice beds, we had the studio suite which was located on the eleventh floor. Nice opening area once you enter the room. There was a microwave, sink and mini fridge. We had left over pizza from Proto’s (a must have when you are in downtown!!!!) and used the microwave, very convenient. The views were OK, but I was not expecting much.

The bathroom was very nice and big with a nice shower to go along. Our only problem was that my buddy went to the bathroom at like 7 in the morning and the toilet decided to overflow. Being the idiot my friend is he decided to put towels over it and then went back to sleep instead of calling the front desk! So I called the front desk and it was cleaned up immediately!

The breakfast in the morning is nice if you are not looking to spend money but I hear that Goldie’s is the place to go if you want a stellar breakfast, which is located close to the hotel. Front desk was very helpful at all times.

I am not usually in the party mode when I travel, but I was with 3 of my buddies for a college football game and I apologize if we made it hard on the made or anyone else. It was a great hotel and great price also! If I am back in Boise, I will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank gp7787
Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed 3 December 2008

I picked this hotel because of its rating on TripAdvisor and it didn't disappoint.

- Excellent beds, large room, fancy flatscreen TV, modern decor
- Large bathroom - Shower with multiple pressure heads
- Free shuttle to and from airport
- Free newspapers
- Free cookies and fruit baskets around hotel
- Small indoor pool
- Cozy breakfast area with sofas, as well as tables and chairs, flatscreen TVs, fireplace
- Giant comprehensive free breakfast with bagels, muffins, warm biscuits, donuts, danish, fruit salad, juice, coffee, teas, yogurts and a rotating different hot item (omelets, french toast, bagel with cheese bacon and egg, sausage gravy and biscuits).
- On site lobby snack store (rather than mini bar in room) with reasonable prices open 24 hours.

This hotel was as close to perfect as it comes, and all this for $80/$90 a night (AARP discount). Only problem was one day we returned to our room to find the maid had accidentally left the door propped open when she left. It was kind of spooky and I complained. Later that night we got a card from the manager apologizing for the problem along with some gift certificates ($25) to a local restaurant. Well resolved.

Hotel is in close walking distance to everything - stores, Boise Art Museum, downtown area.

One of the best hotel experiences of my life!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank mzamar
Reviewed 10 October 2008

Visited Boise, ID in August 2008 with our 2 young boys. Orginally booked a 2 night stay at this hotel. We had so much fun in Boise, and liked the hotel so much that we extended our stay to 3 nights. We booked a suite (with 2 queen beds) which was very spacious, clean and comfortably furnished. Hotel provides complimentary breakfast which is always nice and convenient, esp. when traveling with kids. It is not a feast, but there are healthy breakfast choices (fresh fruits, oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, juices, etc). Love the location of the hotel too...minutes walk to shops and restarants, and a movie theater just next door. Staff were professional, efficient, and very friendly. Had to pay for parking (about $6/day, I think), but it is worth the convenience and security as the garage is attached to the building. Hotel has a coin laundry room too, which eased our 8-day roadtrip "laundry situation". All in all, a great hotel choice. Would definitely return the next time we visit Boise, and recommend to our friends.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2008

Surprising since I thought Hamptons were old and gray. This property was everything but..rooms were clean, large and beautiful. Staff was friendly and helpful. But what I liked most about this hotel was the extras - and they were all complimentary. Free breakfast until 10am! Free shuttle to and from the airport! Free business center with free print outs! (you can send your document from your laptop or pda anywhere at anytime to their printer) Cookies at the front desk! It has a exercise room, pool, game room. It was simply great.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank texasntv
Reviewed 7 September 2008

Not much to add to the other commentators: Great place, great staff, great rooms, great location.

And what a great deal - we paid just 134$ for a double queen room and 152$ for a suite (taxes and parking included!) - incredibly cheap if you compare that to similar downtown locations elsewhere.

It's a pity that other hotels and motels don't stick to the same quality und pricing standards.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2008

I stayed here 2 nights this past week for business reasons. I was pleasantly surprised.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Easy check in, friendly staff, very attentive to the guest's needs. They all seemed very engaged.

ROOM: The bed was extremely comfortable. Good size desk with wireless connection and phone to work after hours. Very quiet--No noticeable noise.

RECREATION ROOM: Nice size indoor pool with large jacuzzi. I'll bring my swim trunks next time. Also a decent exercise room on the 5th floor.

LOCATION: Some very good restaurants within a 5 minute walk. PF Changs, Tully's Coffee, and more. Nice setting, safe location, and near downtown.

BREAKFAST: Good selection of fresh fruits, yogurts, and pretty much everything else. Area was well maintained and clean.

Overall an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2008

We usually stay at Hampton inns or Holiday Inn Expresses when motorcycle touring. This location was an upscale Hampton Inn and we enjoyed it alot. In addition to being an excellent property with the usual Hampton Inn amenities, the location was great - in BoDo. We walked a block to P. F.Changs for dinner - that made our day. Other than a bit more of a chore to handle our baggage, it was no different from any hotel - just different from most Hamptom Inns.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple