“Terrific service, perfect location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed 6 June 2010

During the half-dozen trips I take each year, I try to pick at least one night in a unique, somewhat stylish, non-cookie cutter hotel. Therefore, I really thought I'd be staying at the Modern Hotel for my downtown Boise overnight. But it was for two reasons that I ended up choosing the Hampton Inn... and I'm glad I did.

First, I like to stay in a place with a fitness center... and the Hampton's was perfectly serviceable. Not the best in the world, but quite adequate. Second, the Hampton's accessibility to downtown Boise's restaurants is superb, whereas I got the sense that I would need to drive and park, were I to stay at the Modern. I loved being able to walk to a wide selection of restaurants and shops. My room at the Hampton did not have unique, stylish features like walk-in showers, but it was clean and up-to-date (e.g. wide flat-screen TVs). The service was pretty great, too; the woman at the front desk cheerfully accommodated my request to check in early, as well to have a room on a high floor, away from potential noise that sometimes comes with a Saturday night stay at any hotel.

The only minor negative I can think of, and it isn't really the hotel's fault, is that the adjacent, city-owned parking garage was designed by someone who thought that people drive only Mini Coopers. The turns to navigate between floors are very sharp. When the garage is not busy, it's really not a problem. Some may balk at the $10/day fee... for me, the convenience made it well worth it.

At less than $150 a night, it was a good value. I appreciate the fact that this property is true to its mid-level hotel roots, but that it offers a few upscale amenities to make it a good fit for its downtown location.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed 18 May 2010

As a montly visitor to Boise, I have played around with various lodging options in the city. In addition to the Hampton Inn, I have tried The Grove, The Modern and Hyatt Place. I keep coming back to the Hampton Inn.

Location-wise, you can't beat this hotel. It's adjacent to great dining options, a 5 minute walk from the State House and government offices and only 10 minutes from the airport. Should you need to rent a car, there is a garage attached to the hotel which offers a $10 daily rate to hotel guests.

The rooms are clean, and the studio suites are very spacious. The staff is always friendly and welcoming. Breakfast (free) each morning is served in the comforable lobby area, where there's usually a good buzz of people getting ready to go about their day.

As this is a Hampton Inn, it's not a full service property. If that's more you thing, you're better off going to The Grove, on the next block. Otherwise, the Hampton Inn is probably the best option in Boise.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2010

The Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown is conveniently located to shopping and restaurants of downtown Boise. Overall the hotel is what you would expect from a new property; cleanliness, quiet, good location, comfortable, convenient. It has the benefits of being a Hilton property and the HI amenities of free breakfast and wireless internet. All in all this is a good hotel. The only issue (and this is a small one) was that the window would not open and the AC in my room was a bit loud, which is why I rated the sleep quality at 4/5 stars. All in all this is a good hotel and is on my list of hotels I will return to.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank AgileDude
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Very nice. Clean. Friendly and helpful staff. Free coffee, cookies, and fruit. "Cool Pool" was a big hit with the kids. Even had an assortment of pool toys. Great location in downtown. Loved it

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2010

We stayed in the hotel to be close to our daughter's graduation a block away and were exceptionally pleased. The hotel is in the middle of everything you want in downtown Boise - shopping, restaurants, bars, the greenbellt area and Farmer's Market - PERFECT location, park and walk. The staff here strives to please in all aspects, and you get a free breakfast (OK breakfast, a little heavy on the carbs), so you can't beat the price for value. The beds were very comfy. There is a neat indoor pool/gym/hot tub on the 5th floor. The rooms are fine, 3 star hotel quality, but all else this hotel offers the traveler more than enhances that. You do have to pay for parking, best to stay in the adjacent garage, it is $10 a day, but it is secure. Be sure to put the parking pass in the car after check in!!!
The city checks the parking garage nightly.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2010

We had planned to stay at a downton Boise hotel and Hampton Inn and Suites looked appealing, so we stopped there first. From the moment we entered the door we felt that we were in the right place. The staff was great. Our room was beautiful and the hot breakfast was very nice. We most definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Front desk went out of their way to upgrade me and have a goodie basket and lovely card in my room after finding out I had travel issues all day and wouldn't get in until close to midnight. They also included laundry detergent after I inquired if they had a w/d available--how thoughtful! I love the location too-right downtown so you can walk to the movies, restaurants, etc. The hotel is new and just wonderful. I travel all the time on business and this is my new favorite hotel. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
DOSHamptonBoise, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2010

Dear mgeorge60,
I'm Jennifer Thomas, a manager at the Hampton Inn & Suites Boise/Downtown. Thank you for taking the time to share with travelers your experience at our hotel. Curve balls are never easy when traveling especially when they are as extreme as you experienced. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy the goodies. We believe that this is not just a hotel but a hometel...and goodies are always necessary on a rough day! Just know that your friends in Boise are here to take care of you.

Hope to see you again soon -- as planned! :)

Jennifer Thomas