“Military”

Holiday Inn Boise Airport
Ranked #30 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed 15 October 2009

We had two rooms that were adjoining. This hotel is exactly what the pictures indicate. It was very luxurious. We all loved it. They even took us to downtown Boise in their large shuttle. The elevator is a bit slow. All in all it is an excellent hotel. If in the military or retired military do inquire on their Friends & Family Military Rate.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 September 2009

While on a 16-day vacation touring Glacier, Yellowstone, the Tetons and Idaho, this was our last stay before returning back to North Carolina. We stayed at some great places along the way, but this was by far the best value for the money. Impeccably clean, the decor looked like a REAL designer had done the work, with beautiful bedding, clean lines, and stylish accessories. Because I was traveling with a married couple, I chose the 2 bedroom suite, which included a king bed in one room and a queen in the other, with a sitting room inbetween. We had 3 flat screen tvs (one for each of us!) Fitness center was not bad. Less than 5 minutes from the airport, next to an Applebees. What a beautiful hotel!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2009

I was so impressed with this hotel that I'm staying there again a few weeks after my initial trip. Its conveniently located off the freeway, (but not close enough to hear the traffic) so you can easily get downtown, etc. It has a really modern feel with a great lobby area. The rooms are larger than average size, with a separate living room area, two flat screen TVs, and a bathroom with great counter space. The room also had a blackout shade, so no outside light came in the room.
I felt comfortable staying here alone, and using the fitness room very early in the morning. There always seemed to be friendly staff around to make things feel busy and safe. Overall-loved it!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Wow! My brother discovered this hotel and we all register at incredible rates through Expedia (can I say that?) We were totally blown away. This hotel was just built in 2007. The rooms are beautifully decorated in a modern, hip design. The sleeping area is separated from the sitting area. Flat screen TV at foot of bed AND another flat screen TV in the sitting area. Couch, ottoman, easy chair, desk with chair. Microwave, refrigerator, in-room coffee unit. Cool bathroom with vessel sink, modern vanity and soaking tub. Bed was really comfortable. Pillows were soft, but not too flat (6 pillows to a king bed). Best thing - really good black-out shades on the window - again a nice designer touch. 24-hour snack area available by front desk and they do offer a breakfast restaurant and a coffee bar. While this hotel is by the airport and near the freeway, we never heard any flight or road noise. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2009

My best friend and I went to Boise for my birthday. He bought tickets for a Lewis Black show and I, having lived in the Boise area during high school, made the reservations and other plans. We had a great trip and particularly were very impressed with the Cambria Suites. It was my first experience with the Cambria brand and we were very impressed. The front desk clerk was very nice when I checked in, and he granted my request for a top floor room with 2 beds, which was not what I had initially reserved. The room was impressive. I work in a hotel and I know the costs that are associated with the amenities in hotel rooms -- I know how much each refrigerator, safe, television, etc costs, not to mention the furniture, carpet, wall vinyl, etc. I was surprised with everything that was being offered for the rate.

We were there for 5 nights and enjoyed them all. The room-darkening shades were almost too perfect and allowed us to sleep way later than planned our first morning. After that, I remembered to leave them up a tad from the bottom because otherwise it was as dark as midnight no matter what time of day. The HVAC being on a thermostat is great--I wish more hotels could do that because it was August and it was hot, but not hot enough to leave the AC blasting all night either.

It was very nice, although a bit superfluous to have the 2 big TVs as we could only use one at a time if we bothered with TV at all. The desk area was very nice and it was nice having the full length mirror in the seating area so that I could blowdry my hair while my friend was showering. And speaking of showering, this is where the Cambria has other places I've stayed beat. The shower had fantastic water pressure and I'm thinking the hotel must be on a water softener or just on a water table that is not too hard because my hair had never looked better and the minute I got home and showered here, it was ruined again. Whatever the shower had, it was magical.

The breakfast isn't free, but we were curious about it and considered paying for it one morning to check it out (Wolfgang Puck, after all). However, we are not the earliest of risers so we never were actually up and ready to head down before breakfast ended.

The only negative experience I had the entire time was the last night there, I went to use the guest laundry and someone had run a pen through one of the dryers and there was ink all over inside. Of course, whoever had done it hadn't let anyone on staff know or even tried to clean it up. So I just used the other dryer and I informed the night auditor that they may want to put up a sign until someone could look at it.

Over all, next time I am headed back to Boise, I will look into the Cambria Suites' availability first!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2009

The location was so great! Cambria was easy to find and righ off the highway. It has a unique modern look and is very clean and new looking. We stayed in a 2 queen sweet on the 4th floor and had a nice view of the hills. The beds were super comfortable. The suite has a separate fold out coach in a separate sleeping area (not enclosed but still semi private) with a nice flat screen t.v and coffee table. There was a 2nd t.v. in the 2 queen beds area. There is a small fridge and coffee maker. There were a lot of outlets which was imporant with 2 teens and a lot of technology that required charging. There is a small work out room with a t.v and a nice pool and hot tub area. My favorite part was the Applebees right next door. The hotel was quite and had a nice breakfast with lots of choices in the a.m. (complimentary). This was a quite area with lots of other hotels on the other side of the highway.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2009

My fiance and I were in Boise for the holidays and to get married on New Years Eve. We had originally booked a room at a different hotel for the two weeks that we were going to be there. We had a horrific experience at the first hotel and were needing to relocate asap. When we checked into the Cambria there was a kids hockey team staying there and the wonderful lady at the front desk upgraded us and put us on a floor that was away from the hockey team. We walked into the room and wre completely amazed at how wonderful it was! My young daughter was staying with us and she had her own area with a pull out sofa bed and flat screen t.v. We had a king size bed and our own flat screen t.v. The beds were so comfortable!! The towels were wonderful and the bath and body woks products were a nice touch!! The hotel was super clean and the staff was really great!! We have a new favorite place to stay in Boise!! Thank you Cambria Suites for saving our holiday and giving us an amazing place to stay during and after our wedding!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)