“Very Good Indian Cooking”
Review of Bombay Grill

Bombay Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bombay Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 817 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The five of us ate at the Bombay Grill and it was GOOD! Spouse ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala (spicy) - very good! I ordered the Lamb Shahi Korma - very good. Likewise the Butter Chicken and Chicken Kashmiri were good. We ordered three different Naans (regular, garlic and Kashmiri) - very good. The service was attentive...never overbearing. Prices are reasonable for the amount of food served (hint: one order could serve two light eaters well). As always in downtown restaurants parking can be a pain. Fortunately, the weather was good and the three-block walk only enhanced our appetites. A definite recommend!

2  Thank Papa_Llebre

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Indian Curries are good and spicy as per our request here. The parathas are great here especially the aloo ones. If u want to try Indian food in Boise..this is the place you can go

1  Thank Per1993
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The argument about who has the best Indian fare buffet for lunch could be a full time discussion. But really who cares? This place has a great lunch. Flavorful assortment of chicken, lamb, vegetable and more! All super delish. Full of spice and classic Indian tastes. The real deal with a real family affair. Neat downtown location. Listen, you cant go wrong for under $10.
I'm still licking my lips hours later.
If this is helpful click the helpful button!

1  Thank made_of_food
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This buffet has over a dozen options including a few vegetarian. Naan, chai, and dessert are all included making this a great deal! My family and I crave the amazing spice combinations. The owners make this an enjoyable experience as well. Right in the heart of downtown, in a historic building, this restaurant is a great place to come relax, savor the flavors, and get a taste of what this city has to offer. (Not open Mondays)

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We LOVE curries so when we saw the reviews on Tripadvisor when we were staying in Boise for the night, there was only one place to go. However, we were somewhat disappointed with the fare.

At home in the UK we would usually have rice (boiled from him and pilau for me) a main chicken dish for him and a chicken or prawn (shrimp) dish for me along with potato aloo for him and cauliflower bhaji for me. None of the vegetable dishes were available on the menu - in fact there were very few vegetable dishes which I found quite disconcerting.

Quite expensive too but glad we got to have a curry during our road trip. Good but could do much, much better!

Been to Bombay Grill? Share your experiences!