“My favorite restaurant in Boise.”
Review of Cafe Vicino - CLOSED

Cafe Vicino
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 8th Street
Transit: Bus stop is located on Fort Street between 8th and 9th streets.
Boise, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite restaurant in Boise.”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Easily the best meal I've had in Boise. Vacino's is my go to for any special occasion. No draft beer and no liquor license but one bite of food and you'll forget any negative thoughts you may have had.

• Visited December 2012

Boise, Idaho
“Local's do it RIGHT!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have been to this neighborhood gem more times than I care to count - no really, it has been a lot! Always find the food to be fresh, properly prepared, tastefully plated, and delicious! The servers do a great job of taking care of the clientele and help each other out if need be. It is small and tables are fairly close together, but diners take this in stride. Casual atmosphere as is the norm in Boise. Dressed up or dressed down, it doesn't make a difference.

• Visited October 2013
idaho
“Local, friendly, great.”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I have been avoiding for far too long as they don't have a liquor licence. For shame on me. This is great comfort food. Chips to start are excellent. Both pastas were great. Don't miss.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank spudstud
Idaho
“Exceptional Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My partner and I celebrated 30 years together at Cafe Vicino last evening. The reservation and table I requested was waiting. Our server, Heather, was wonderful throughout our evening--from acknowledging our occasion to be fully knowledge of all menu items, answering every question. Joel, the other wait person stopped by as well to congratulate us on our 30 years.
Both of us were 100% pleased with appetizer, salad, entrees, dessert and wines. The evening was perfect; even allowing us to see three other couples we know who were dining for that evening.
Cafe Vicino has a simple and elegant ambiance with minimal distracting back ground noise. We highly recommend the place for lunch or dinner.

• Visited August 2013
Warren, New Jersey
“Nice neighborhood place”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Good breakfasts with friendly service where everyone knows each other. Try the marble rye toast with our breakfast!

Visited May 2013