“Solid Performer”

Candlewood Suites Boise
Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We had occasion to stay at the Candlewood in Boise, Idaho twice this summer, in late June and again in July, as part of the process of purchasing a home in Idaho. We prefer in staying in hotels that cater to longer stays, as we find the kitchenette feature useful and don't get hung up on not having daily linen service. The Candlewood compares well to others we have used. Perhaps not all the amenities (e.g., no on-site restaurant and no pool) but also priced a bit lower. We have stayed on both the street side and the back side of the property and found the rooms consistently quiet. The continental breakfast is not expansive but serviceable. While there's no on-site restaurant, the Boise Mall is across the street. Average fitness room. The location proved good, with good access to I-84, I-184, and major arterials. Staff were all very helpful, professional and curteous.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BGTom
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Boise

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Got here via a hotel bid-system online, not knowing anything about it, but it turned out great. VERY conveniently located, right behind THE Boise Mall. You could walk to the Mall but you'd be crossing about five lanes of traffic...don't play Frogger, take your car. Check in was super easy and we were told about the free DVD rentals. That's right, they have DVD players in each room and they loan (no cost) DVD's out to watch. Now the selection is a little odd. Some old, some new, none you'd probably watch, but it's there. Next I was told about the on-site C-Store. That's right, they have a room set up like an on-site C-Store and you can (1) pay at the desk for your items or (2) put it on your room or (and I think I heard this right...) you can shove your money in a box (??) I checked it out the prices and selection weren't great, but if you're in a pinch, you could buy a pop and candy/chips. No pool but there is an exercise room. No ice machine on my floor so I had to tromp all the way down to the lobby to get ice. The room was great...and here's the BEST part...it's fully stocked by which I mean there is a FULL-SIZE fridge, a microwave, a stove, even a pantry area with dishes and utensils, pots, etc. WOW. If you're going to stay for a week this would be ONE OF THE BEST CHOICES IN BOISE. Bed was a little small. The air conditioner a tad loud, but I'm very old so it didn't bother me in the least. Tub/shower small but who cares. Clean. This is definitely a niche hotel. Want an apartment you can cook and stock up? This IS the place. Again, great location. Reasonable price and I heard this is one of TWO hotels you'll get if you do the biddin' thing online (I don't think I can say which) but it's for Central Boise...Nice place to take the family.

Room Tip: Bring your family and save BIG bucks by not eating out...you have a fully functional kitchen RIGHT I...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CaptainPuget
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is the Candlewood Suite hotel on North Cole in Boise. It is across the street from a major shopping mall which is convenient. This is standard CS and Holiday Inn quality with pleasant and helpful service at the front desk. The young ladies were friendly and asked all the right questions to make my stay better. Rooms are clean and well-appointed. Being well over 6' tall, the bed is always a little short for me, but the cost value and knowledge this is a very good place to stay more than makes up for overhaning legs!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Great Location across from the mall, and the staff was wonderful.
Free coffee all day in the hotel with a small store to purchase drinks and food, full size fridge in room so i could store left overs and keep my drinks cold. Also had an ice machaine downstairs so i stocked up the cooler before i left

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Candlewood Suites.Both times the staff was wonderful, very helpfull and freindly. This time Cindy helped me with a problem I was having with the rewards program. She got everything sorted out. The room was clean, with kitchen. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My company booked the hotel for me, stayed in a great suite lots of room to stretch my legs it was like a condo with a large desk so I could do all my work, plus I have there for ten days and they have a full size fridge so I could stock with food and drinks.

I will definitely stay here again, staff were great talked with sales and the informed of the new things they are putting in, i.e. electric car charging, free calls and faxes worldwide from business center.

Would recommend to anyone business or vacation.

Room Tip: all rooms are great but there are a few that are larger
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stayed here and it was great, business center had a phone that I could make free call to anywhere in the world , talked to my family in UK quite a few times, the staff were great, the GM really knows how to run the hotel as the staff are very friendly are very knowledgeable in what was happening in Boise, I will definitely be going back. (the conference room was wired for Skype on a very large TV) this will encourage me to go back.

Room Tip: Room 317 was great really big and I was able to have many meetings there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business