“Very helpful”

Candlewood Suites Boise
Ranked #33 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I came to help a friend during surgery and he was released very early so we had to go back to my room for recuperate n. When I explained our dilemma to the front desk, we could not be provided with a handicapped room, but a shower chair was waiting in our room as well as a commode seat. I had to buy a lot of groceries and was very tired. Jordan helped me carry up groceries and get me situated. We were given extra towels to keep my friend comfortable and our bedding was changed early due to his surgery . The only inconvenience was having to cart my used towels down to the front desk. Not very professional. A container on our floor would have been better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed for about a week.

Pros:
Friendly staff with great attitudes
Location is great next to the mall, and nearby several restaurants.
Full Kitchen
Wifi
Apple TV in the room
DVR with DirecTV was included
Breakfast (Continental) was offered which is rare for a Candlewood

Neutral:
I didn't really need room service, but it's done on a weekly basis vs every few days. For those that are expecting that they just need to make arrangements with the front desk.

I would stay again if I had the chance.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

The rooms are large, clean, and offer everything one could need. I like the pantry which makes it easy to get a snack or a drink. The complimentary!!!! breakfast Is a nice surprise. I saw some people whine about the breakfast selection. Candlewoods do not tradionally offer breakfast. Considering the rate I'm amazed breakfast is included.
They have toast, bagels, english muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, eggs, juices, milk & coffee. Very good for a free breakfast.
The staff is, what really puts this hotel over the top. Very friendly & helpful.
Not sure I've ever stayed at a hotel where we'll be sad to leave but this may be one.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We walked in with no reservations on Monday, Oct 22nd, and the front desk staff was very welcoming. This was our first time staying with this particular chain as there aren't many of them in WA where I live; the room was extremely clean and the bed was really comfortable, much more than where we had stayed the night before. It's right next to the freeway, but you could barely tell, it was so quiet. The only room complaint was the the towels are very scratchy and kind of cheap.

However, the breakfast does leave something to be desired; my husband and I ate a couple of boiled eggs, a mini bagel and some yogurt, but stopped several hours later for Second Breakfast (I felt like a hobbit :P). We would definitely stay at this chain again, however we would probably eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This motel is a 2 story that just was upgraded to Direct/Dish TV on the day we checked in. Across from Boise Town Square amll.
So on the good side, lots of crystal clear TV channels. The room was very clean, and included a substantial kitchenette with a stove, full size fridge, even a dishwasher. Even complimentary popcorn in the micro. Friendly staff. Really a very big fitness room, i think 8 pieces of equipment.
On the down side, tough access to the motel off a very bust street. The breakfast is very limited, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, toast, cereal, bananas, nothing hot except coffee.
Overall a good nite sleep in a clean friendly reasonably priced motel. Give it a try but plan for breakfast out.
If you like this review check the helpful link below.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank made_of_food
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel is close to the airport and right across from Towne Square Mall plus minutes to downtown and many suburbs. The room has it all; microwave; dishwasher and full sized fridge. The rooms are suites so there is plenty of room. They offer a very nice continental breakfast plus they have a store to purchase food suitable for snacking or cooking in the room. Outside they offer a barbeque grill. The staff is outstanding and hardworking. A nice plus is free washer and dryer use plus a workout room to use while you are doing your laundry. It is also dog friendly. We went to a wedding; birthday party; home barbeque; downtown Boise for dinner and to several nearby cities and the location was terrific!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is very nice
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Aside from the clean/cozy room, comfortable bed and convenient location, I found the customer service to be far superior to ANY that I have EVER encountered. The staff went above and beyond to ensure that I felt not only wecome as a guest but vauled as a person. This is truly a remarkable team that understands the value of a warm smile and the 'extra mile'. I will not only recommend Candlewood Suites to my friends and acquaintences, it will my my home away from home whenever I travel to Boise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo