“Our New Boise Fave”

Ranked #28 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Central Coast, CA
“Our New Boise Fave”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I just found a new favorite place to stay in Boise. In the past we’ve stayed closer to the airport at slightly cheaper places, but chose the MTPS because it was closer to my husband’s aunt. I made the reservation online in advance for a substantial discount, and they honored my request for both a top floor and the back of the building, facing the picturesque Boise Depot. We arrived late, and front desk personnel were cheerful and helpful, as they were throughout our stay.

The kitchenette was extremely convenient and up-to-date, with 2-burner stovetop, microwave, full size refrigerator, coffee maker, and even a dishwasher. Everything was very clean and well laid out: king bed, mini-desk with office chair, loveseat, upholstered chair, and coffee table. We appreciated that all 3 of the table lamps had two AC ports, so we could charge up everything that we needed conveniently. There was also a floor lamp, so any corner of the room could be lit. The bed was very comfortable, with quality sheets and freshly-washed cotton bedspreads. Pillows were comfortable too. Plenty of closet space was helpful. There was only one slight problem—remote for flatscreen TV would not work from the left side of the bed…but we managed to work around that pretty easily. ☺

Pool and hot tub hours were generous (till 11 pm), and both were more than adequate, though the pool wasn’t over 5 feet deep. The exercise room is open 24/7, and has free weights, treadmills, ellipticals, and a couple of things I’m not familiar with.

I never made it to breakfast (stops at 9 am, or 10 am on weekends), but my husband brought me fruit, hard-boiled eggs, u-make waffles, and no-fat milk. He said they also had hot biscuits with gravy, cereals, and various muffins and breads, as well as juices and other beverages. Breakfast can be enjoyed in the room easily because of the kitchenette and adequate table space.

Finally, this hotel is walking distance to downtown, which is convenient if you like to be close to shops and nightlife, yet away from noise and hubbub. I will definitely be back when I’m in Boise again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We do a lot of “staycations” at Marriott. We have stayed at this location a few times, and really have enjoyed ourselves here in the past. However, during our stay this weekend, I was confronted with one of the front desk staff members and another guest. I was outside, standing beside the ashtray, smoking. I know that smoking is pretty much considered a public nuisance anymore, but that is not what this review is about. I was approached by the staff member, along with a guest, and berated for smoking. The other guest claimed that the smoke was coming into their 3rd floor room. I was not in the wrong, was completely following the non-smoking hotel rules, and was smoking in a designated smoking area. I was asked to smoke in the parking lot. The other guest even went as far as asking if there was a “25 foot” law in Idaho, meaning smoking is not allowed within 25 feet of an entrance. (And no, there is not.) If this would have been handled in a different manner, I would not be writing this negative review. I am a “courteous” smoker, I NEVER try to impede on someone’s environment or their health. The way I was confronted was completely inappropriate. Later, I went and talked to the same front desk gal. I told her that I felt “singled out”, and that I was not the only person that was smoking in that “designated smoking area.” I asked her if I was doing anything wrong, her response was, “You weren’t doing a lot wrong.”Excuse me, but I wasn’t doing anything wrong. I was in a designated smoking area, and I didn’t deserve to be confronted and embarrassed in front of another guest. This negative post has nothing to do with the cleanliness of the hotel, the location or the facilities… for all of those are 4-5 star. It simply has to do with treating guests with dignity and respect.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank IdahoTravelers
manresa
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We stayed here for one night in August 2011. Big room excellent king bed, kitchenette, along with such amenities as a gym, pool and free breakfast. Very friendly staff. Definitely would go back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Mountainair, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here two nights of our two week vacation. The property was very well maintained. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

There are several restaurants within short walking distance. The free breakfast was typical of the Marriot Townplace properties. Nothing exceptional but quite adequate. The Belgian waffles were nice. This property is very close to the entire downtown area and is within short walking distance of several museums, parks and the university campus.

In short, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TSchenk
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This hotel is beautiful, in a great location for a family stroll, and the rooms were clean and nice.
Cons-When building this beautiful hotel I think they forgot to put insulation in the walls and celings. We heard everything from above us and even 2 floors above us. We called the front desk 3 times about the noise. And was awake several more times during the night.

I do realize that the night we stayed there was the night BSU played a home game and they were busy. But if I were to stay again I would only stay on the top floor with no one above you.

Room Tip: A top floor room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2011

It's located in a quiet area close to downtown, so convenient for getting downtown, and it's nice and peaceful at night. It's clean, the room is spacious and the windows open either to downtown Boise or a quiet backyard they have, depending on where your room is. We requested the quiet garden in the back. The room has a nice kitchenette and pots and pans! They have a nice pool/hot tub area downstairs and the staff are very friendly.

Room Tip: If you want to see nature from your window, ask for the garden side.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed for a kids soccer tournament , place was super convenient 10 mins to the airport and 5 mins from downtown Boise and or the University. Place was clean and new with great kitchenette. Only negative was the free breakfast was kind of lame ( to be expected based on the cheap room rates )... I would definitely recommend

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family