“Great hotel and location”

TownePlace Suites Boise Downtown
Ranked #28 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Orofino, Idaho
“Great hotel and location”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

kitchens with plates, silverware, etc in each room with microwave and fridge
Quiet
Friendly staff
Close to downtown, BSU, and Greenbelt
Comfy beds

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My husband and I stayed in the TownePlace Suites in early April. We did not use the exercise room, etc. just our room. It was clean and warm and conveniently located. The one problem was the television did not work and apparently this is a common problem. They should have a sign telling people if it does not work to unplug it, then plug it back in. The morning breakfast is not exceptional, it is however an easy and quick way to get a breakfast in you before starting your day. There is a restaurant across the parking lot if you have time for a sit down meal.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Staff (particularly, at the front desk) were VERY friendly and polite. Rooms were well-appointed but basic. Breakfast was ok, but being out of OJ was a bit disappointing. Stay was $99/night midweek in January. A bit over-priced for what you get, imo. Hotels located further into downtown are more convenient for most dining options and entertainment, though this would be close to BSU if that is your reason for visiting.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Fredericksburg
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Immediately upon entering the doors in from the fridgid cold I was greeted with a warm smile and within 5 minutes had my room key. The room was very clean and priced very nicely. Stayed from Monday to Wednesday. I highly recommened using this Marriott if ever in Boise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not next to the highway, it gets a little noisy with the traffic.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Central Coast, CA
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I just found a new favorite place to stay in Boise. In the past we’ve stayed closer to the airport at slightly cheaper places, but chose the MTPS because it was closer to my husband’s aunt. I made the reservation online in advance for a substantial discount, and they honored my request for both a top floor and the back of the building, facing the picturesque Boise Depot. We arrived late, and front desk personnel were cheerful and helpful, as they were throughout our stay.

The kitchenette was extremely convenient and up-to-date, with 2-burner stovetop, microwave, full size refrigerator, coffee maker, and even a dishwasher. Everything was very clean and well laid out: king bed, mini-desk with office chair, loveseat, upholstered chair, and coffee table. We appreciated that all 3 of the table lamps had two AC ports, so we could charge up everything that we needed conveniently. There was also a floor lamp, so any corner of the room could be lit. The bed was very comfortable, with quality sheets and freshly-washed cotton bedspreads. Pillows were comfortable too. Plenty of closet space was helpful. There was only one slight problem—remote for flatscreen TV would not work from the left side of the bed…but we managed to work around that pretty easily. ☺

Pool and hot tub hours were generous (till 11 pm), and both were more than adequate, though the pool wasn’t over 5 feet deep. The exercise room is open 24/7, and has free weights, treadmills, ellipticals, and a couple of things I’m not familiar with.

I never made it to breakfast (stops at 9 am, or 10 am on weekends), but my husband brought me fruit, hard-boiled eggs, u-make waffles, and no-fat milk. He said they also had hot biscuits with gravy, cereals, and various muffins and breads, as well as juices and other beverages. Breakfast can be enjoyed in the room easily because of the kitchenette and adequate table space.

Finally, this hotel is walking distance to downtown, which is convenient if you like to be close to shops and nightlife, yet away from noise and hubbub. I will definitely be back when I’m in Boise again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We do a lot of “staycations” at Marriott. We have stayed at this location a few times, and really have enjoyed ourselves here in the past. However, during our stay this weekend, I was confronted with one of the front desk staff members and another guest. I was outside, standing beside the ashtray, smoking. I know that smoking is pretty much considered a public nuisance anymore, but that is not what this review is about. I was approached by the staff member, along with a guest, and berated for smoking. The other guest claimed that the smoke was coming into their 3rd floor room. I was not in the wrong, was completely following the non-smoking hotel rules, and was smoking in a designated smoking area. I was asked to smoke in the parking lot. The other guest even went as far as asking if there was a “25 foot” law in Idaho, meaning smoking is not allowed within 25 feet of an entrance. (And no, there is not.) If this would have been handled in a different manner, I would not be writing this negative review. I am a “courteous” smoker, I NEVER try to impede on someone’s environment or their health. The way I was confronted was completely inappropriate. Later, I went and talked to the same front desk gal. I told her that I felt “singled out”, and that I was not the only person that was smoking in that “designated smoking area.” I asked her if I was doing anything wrong, her response was, “You weren’t doing a lot wrong.”Excuse me, but I wasn’t doing anything wrong. I was in a designated smoking area, and I didn’t deserve to be confronted and embarrassed in front of another guest. This negative post has nothing to do with the cleanliness of the hotel, the location or the facilities… for all of those are 4-5 star. It simply has to do with treating guests with dignity and respect.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank IdahoTravelers
manresa
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We stayed here for one night in August 2011. Big room excellent king bed, kitchenette, along with such amenities as a gym, pool and free breakfast. Very friendly staff. Definitely would go back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple