“Staff Went All Out to Celebrate our 40th Anniversary!”

Courtyard Boise Downtown
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed 22 April 2009

The staff at the Courtyard took extraordinary measures to make our anniversary weekend special! A phone call to the hotel from our daughter, asking what might be done to help us celebrate, was met with an enthusiastic response. Although there was no standard procedure, staff members went out of their way to present us with special touches. We were surprised and delighted!
We love the location, and enjoyed walking along the Boise River Greenbelt to tour the wonderful downtown area on foot. The Courtyard is comfortable and quiet, and offers a good breakfast in the morning. But it was the exceptional staff that made us feel personally welcomed, and we appreciate their efforts very much.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 March 2009

Excellent location, near the bars & restaurants, but not too near -- easy to get in and out. Room was nice and large, breakfast a good deal. Staff was incredibly nice and friendly and helpful, even though we checked in very late at night & had special needs. Gave us a good price when we came back due to canceled flight. Boise is a charming town with great variety of bars & restaurants, something for everyone. We also greatly enjoyed hiking, rodeo, and fast draw competition in Idaho City. Much better than we expected, all around.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2008

I was just passing through Boise on a road trip, and was able to use pointsaver Marriot Rewards points to stay in this hotel for free. I found the staff very friendly and helpful in pointing me in the right direction for restaurants and getting out of town the next morning. The hotel was very quiet--perhaps because not many people were staying there this particular night, I recall seeing maybe two or three other guests but that was it.

My gripe with Courtyard rarely involves the rooms--and this hotel had very nice rooms. I just find the breakfast to be overpriced for the quality of the food. I would prefer a free continental breakfast instead of cold potatoes etc.

There were plenty of restaurants and other things nearby.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2007

We were there over the Thanksgiving weekend to visit family.

The power went out at 11pm one night and didn't come back on until 1 or 1:30am. The phones were digital were tied into the electrical system so they didn't work either.

Went to the pool a couple of times. It didn't have enough towels, but the hot tub was nice and warm. There were quite a few kids around.

The pillows were horrible, but we survived.

The staff was very friendly and they offered coffee and paper in the mornings.

Hotel was located in a nice neighborhood and the room was nice and clean.

We would go back.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2007

3 convenient restaurants right in front of the hotel. With a car your in the heart of Boise nightlife in 2 minutes or a 10 minute walk. The walk to the BSU stadium is about 10 minutes.

• Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed 12 April 2007

Very friendly staff and accommodating. The first room we were given reeked of cigarette smoke (the hotel went non-smoking in Oct. 06). We complained and were given another room immediately.
I'd suggest the hotel renovate the rooms that still have a heavy odor.
Also, the shower is really, really dark with one little heat/light combo that doesn't do much of either.I'm amazed that housekeeping can even see to clean. There are two soap dishes mounted on the shower wall. One of them is just perfect for me to hit my forehead and my elbow on and I'm almost 5'6". I can't imagine anyone installing a dish at that height especially when the shower head can't be adjusted. There's no escaping that soap dish when the shower head is aimed directly in front of the dish.
The biggest asset to this hotel is the staff which is why I would probably stay here again. The main lobby area is also very inviting and has a very comfortable feel to it.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Judyuk
Reviewed 29 October 2006

I have stayed at this Courtyard at least half a dozen times. It is always clean and the staff is friendly and accommodating. Quite honestly I much prefer a Courtyard with a bit more "real hotel services" and only stay here when the Grove is booked. There is no lounge like the Courtyard I stay at on I-10 in Houston and can't hold a candle to the Courtyard outside of Madison Wisconsin. But still a nice hotel.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business