“Comfortable, Clean, Safe Place to stay”

Residence Inn Boise Downtown
Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Finding this hotel was easy, just 10 minutes or so from the airport. My room was clean and comfortable with a regular size fridge, microwave, basically furnished room. They had a "Nacho Night" with all kinds of toppings (hot & cold) and draft beer if you wanted one.

My flight was leaving late in the day and they cheeefully extended my checkout until 1 pm. Katie at the front desk was really nice and helpful,

Room Tip: Maybe get a 3rd floor room if a nice viwe is important to you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Time for renovation. Found room to have stain carpets and furniture. Everything was dated. We moved to another hotel for the reaming stay in Boise. The breakfast was okay. There is a Towne Suites next door which looks new. That night be a better option.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or to the newer Residence Inn on the westside
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This place had potential, but I was disappointed. It was hot in Boise the week we were there (105+), the first day the room was rather hot. We called down to the front office and they offered us another room- another building- but I had just moved 2 weeks of family/baby stuff upstairs in 100+ degree weather, I was not about to move it again. They suggested to us that maybe we set the thermostat too low (68), so we raised it to their suggested (72), and gave it a day (since they said it may have frozen). The maintenance guy came by when it was cool & said everything was ok. Later in the day it was still warm inside. Using an external thermometer of mine revealed the thermostat was 5 degrees off... Later on there were all these small bugs flying around outside.. then inside, when I called to ask the front desk about them I was told that there was an infestation- that they were harmless. I checked out early! Good location, good breakfast choices.

Room Tip: Hopefully you get a room where the A/C works when it gets hot in Boise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
boisesteve, General Manager at Residence Inn Boise Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

So sorry to hear of your disappointing experience. I apologize that we did not recognize that the air conditioning did have an issue and continued to struggle to cool the room sufficiently. I can understand how frustrating and uncomfortable this would be. I will follow up with our team and share your experience so that we can address a similar A/C issue in the future in a more thorough manner.
In regards to the bugs, yes the boise area has had a large population of false cinch bugs inhabit our area and they like the trees and lanscape areas of our property and can easily enter the rooms when doors are open and closed. We have worked closely with our pest control to spray frequently around the property to eliminate them, but it does take quite a few applications to control them.
Please give me a call at 208-344-1200 if you have the opportunity, I would love the opportunity to speak with you further. Thank you!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Couldn't ask for more than to be a Marriott Gold Member who would like to use the upgrade benefit without having to beg. I went to check in and before the word upgrade even came out of my mouth, Anthony said I'd been upgraded to a larger room and gave me some candy.

It was nice to be able to use this mysterious Gold Member benefit with ease.

Defintely staying there when I go back to Boise.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a great hotel when traveling to Boise. The location is ideal, about 2 miles from the airport and 2 minutes from downtown. The staff was very courteous, friendly, and helpful including the manager, Steve. I was pleasently surprised that the room had full kitchen, stove, microwave, dishwasher, and even had a full sized fridge. Not the usual little 2 X 2 box. Free internet and breakfast with a nice buffet. The room was like staying in your own condo. Very quiet and a nice park right next door. I would gladly go back again and will recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My friends and I recently stayed here and had a great experience. It was conveniently located near shopping, dining and activities and our penthouse suite was comfortable and roomy. Check-in was easy, breakfast buffet was well stocked. Our only (minor) complaint is that our room needed a deep cleaning. The beds and surfaces were clean, but the walls and floors were very dirty - I'm sure it is b/c it was the busy season and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is the perfect hotel if you are checking out Boise. They provide a 5 mile shuttle service. They are centrally located to Downtown, BSU, and the Greenway. I strongly recommend this hotel. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Free internet and breakfast. They also have a pool, but there are a lot of children in the pool at all times.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo