“Great Accomodations for pet owners”

Residence Inn Boise Downtown
Ranked #29 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed 28 December 2010

This hotel is great! We had a great stay over the Christmas holiday. We stayed in one of the penthouse rooms. The cost was extremely reasonable for the size and quality of the room. I tend to be a bit of a clean freak but I never worried about anything at this hotel. We chose this hotel because they did accept pets. We travel alot with our dogs and to be honest many hotels of this quality don't allow pets so we were thrilled with the Residence Inn. The hotel staff was very pleasant and friendly even though they were working through the holiday. They even brought a screwdriver to our room so we could finish putting together toys for our grandson. It was very quiet and is located next to a park. Another great amenity is that it had a fireplace in the room which was perfect on those wintery days. It is located near the heart of Boise, with easy access to the freeway and downtown. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone but expecially those traveling with pets.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2010

I stayed at the Residence Inn in Boise for 4 nights in October 2010 and was very impressed. The suite I had was very large - an upstairs loft bedroom and bathroom, downstairs lounge/kitchen and downstairs bedroom and bathroom.

I stay at various hotels quite often, and am sometimes frustrated by the old / limited function bedside clock radios. But not at this hotel - the bedside radio was clearly a new model and had a built in ipod / iphone connector so it charged my phone overnight and I could play my music through it.

Another complaint I often have when travelling is the painfully slow internet connections provided by most hotels. However this hotel had the fastest internet I've come across - I was actually able to watch a whole Netflix movie on my PC without any buffering or delays.

All in all I only have good things to say about this hotel - highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2010

The people there were very friendly and helpful. Our suite was beautiful! It was so nice we dicided to extend our stay just to stay in the suite one more night. We all enjoyed the pool very much and the breakfast was delisious! Thanks for your hopitality!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I stayed for 11 nights and found the hotel very comfortable and value for money. The complimentary breakfasts had varied hot foods during the week. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is located just south of town and the nearby parks and green belt along the Boise river provided nice walking and exercise opportunities. The rooms are gradually being renovated presently. From Tuesday to Thursday evenings various complimentary drinks and snacks / meals are offered. The rooms were comfortable and well equipped.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Fabulous place to stay if you are gathering a group of people. Plenty of parking. Nice outdoor pool and hot tub. Free breakfast. We stayed here for a wedding and were there a week. The kitchen is everything you need for preparing meals and snacks although with the free breakfast and some evening free food events, we used it very little. Within walking distance to the parks and discovery museum. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Snacks like ice cream and goldfish crackers are available at the front desk pantry 24 hours. You won't ever go hungry.

The queen bed was OK but don't plan on using the sofa bed as an actual bed. The bars are very uncomfortable and the mattress thin.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2010

Alot of mystery charges on my credit card , company is paying for stay but i was charged twice plus the security deposit, plus other charges they know nothing about. Reporting fraud on my card , still trying to recover money . Dont give them your card pay the security deposit with cash or expect some fraud.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank solariscorp
boisesteve, Manager at Residence Inn Boise Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2010

As the manager of the Residence Inn Boise I can assure you there are not any mystery or fraudulent charges to our guests that stay with us. All cards are swiped at check in and are authorized for a specific stay and we are happy to review any charges in question with our guests. I have not been personally contacted by Solariscorp but will be sending an email response to them suggesting they contact me immediately.

Reviewed 14 May 2010

I spent three nights at this location and it is convenient to downtown (I walked.) and easy access to the Interstate and the airport. Rooms will need an "update" one of these days but I can't say enough about the friendly staff who seem to really enjoy their work! Wednesday night "barbeque" was great......if I return to Boise, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo