“Best place to stay in Boise”

Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square
Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Clearfield, Utah
“Best place to stay in Boise”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I come to Boise about once a year and always stay here as the hotel is top notch and is close to lots of dining options. Very clean, spacious rooms. I wouldn't stay anywhere else! Great continental breakfast as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travis P
AlexanderWellinghoff, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We always appriciate feedback and I am pleased to hear that not only have you had a good stay with us but that you continue to return and have a similar experience. I hope you continue to stay with us at the Hyatt Place Boise, we look forward to serving you in the furture.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Puyallup, WA
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited family in Boise June 6, 2014 and stayed at Hyatt Place Boise because of the close proximity to family. We found the hotel very nice, great lobby and very good customer service. The room was large and comfortable. The breakfast was one of the best continental breakfasts I've ever seen. I really liked the eggs scrambled with vegetables that was served on Sunday.

I wish there were more outlets close to the bed as I use a c-pap machine and had to unplug the light to use the machine

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marsha-eric
Thank you for your review, I was happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. I was especially happy to hear that you were pleased with not only the hotel but the customer service provided to you. Furthermore we always appriciate hearing that the Hyatt provided a breakfast to you that you see as one of the best as that is always our goal. I apoligize that you had difficulty finding an outlet for your c-pap machine, we are always trying to improve the customer experience and reviews aid us in doing so. Feel free to contact me at: alex.wellinghoff@hyatt.com
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Nice rooms but they charged my wife and I a 200 deposit because we are locals. No thanks!!! We live 20 min from Boise and like to have dinner there and occasionally get a room, we have stayed all over Boise and never been charged a 200 deposit. As someone who constantly travels and is a Expedia elite member I find this discriminatory at the very least.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teamseip
AlexanderWellinghoff, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I sorry you did not appreciate our deposit for local guests. The main reason for the deposit is as means of protection for yourself and the hotel. We see quite a few individuals who live in the area that use our hotel as a outlet to party and behave badly; sometimes causing hundreds of dollars in damages. Our deposit is used to discourage those who wish to misuse our facilities and ruin the experience for other guests who are staying with us. Our hope is the deposit allows for people like yourself to have the restful and enjoyable experience they expect from all Hyatt hotels. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at alex.wellinghoff@hyatt.com.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Very beautiful lobby with expert staff. Rooms are nice and clean but the air conditioning & heating unit is super obnoxious. I found my room to be muggy most the night, and every time the air conditioner kicked on, I was awoken. The breakfast was a great spread, but be wary if you have a gluten allergy. I found the only thing I could eat was the packaged cereal. Otherwise, it was a nice place to stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AlexanderWellinghoff, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your air conditioner. We would've loved to take a look at it for you or try to move you to another room if your room was not up to your expectations. As far as the gluten free food, we have been making some improvements to our general gallery food menu however we are still working on breakfast to offer gluten free items. We have some in our rotation currently but they are not a regular fixture on our regular spread each. I would certainly be open to any thoughts you may have on how to improve this area. Feel free to contact me at alex.wellinghoff@hyatt.com.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I recently took a weekend trip to Boise to see a concert. The hotel was good but nothing over the top so I will get right to it.

Lobby was nice and had a unique layout. I enjoyed something different. Staff was friendly and made the checkin process quick.

Elevators were nice and we had no issues with them.

Parking felt limited but we found a spot late at night, so all in all, ok there.

Room was a King room with a couch that I think could turn into a bed. The room had a refrigerator and a sink right above it in the "lounge area". There was also a mirror right there which made it nice as second place to get ready in the morning.

The main room was spacious and had a comfortable couch to sit on. The TV was positioned so that it could be angled to the main seating area or to the bed.

The bathroom was on the small side for hotel bathrooms. The sink was in front of a large mirror and there was a very small closet nearby. It was nice they didn't waste a lot of room with the closet since in my experience they rarely get used much and the space was nice to have a bigger room.

The bed was very comfortable.

The TV was sort of disappointing. While there was a convenient outlet on the side of the wall allowing easy connections for pretty much anything you could dream of connecting to the TV, the content on the TV itself was lacking. Specifically TV channels. No Travel/Food/Comedy channels. Pretty much sports, weather, and news. I was surprised to see two HBO channels. Of course nothing I wanted to see was on =) I am not a big TV watcher, but when winding down at the end of a night in a hotel, I often find it nice to have a show, from one of the three channels listed above, playing. Even in Canada, when I visited there recently, they had some of those channels so I am not sure what was going on here.

Overall, it met my needs. I would only come back based on the place being the cheapest, not because I was impressed by anything in particular. But if I did stay again, I would not be upset and would probably enjoy it again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Timothy H
AlexanderWellinghoff, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
We appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy our channel selection on our flatscreen tv's. I would certainly be open to any suggestions you may have on how we might be able to improve that aspect of our guest experience. Please contact me at: alex.wellinghoff@hyatt.com

San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Big rooms as all Hyatt Place.Good location. Swim able indoor pool but no hot tub. no shower or changing room connected to pool. Best complimentary breakfast with variety of grilled sandwich and fresh juice. The bar opens 24 next to front desk. Wish they include bath robe and slipper to enjoy the environment.
Wish they have central AC so it 'd be more quiet. Have free shuttle from airport

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TirelessDragon
Thank you very much for your kind words. We look forward to serving you again the next time you're in Boise.
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The staff were amazing! Everyone went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. Very informative of the area. Clean hotel with efficient service. Breakfast was the best continental breakfast I have ever had during my multiple travels.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AlexanderWellinghoff, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you very much for our kind words. We never get tired of hearing those things. We work exceptionally hard to meet the high standards of our guests and are proud to know we have met and exceed your expectations. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Boise.